Booking confirmation fields are filled automatically - how do I stop this?

I have set up the appointment page but the fields for name, email and phone are being automatically filled in with our website contact info. How do I stop this happening? I can overtype but I don't want this info to be there in the first place!

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Howdy @Joseph

Hope you are well and welcome to the community !

This will happen only when you are logged in with your account on your own browser. Simply clearing your cache and disabling autofill should fix this. There may not be a need as the end users of the appointment system wont see those fields filled

https://kb.iu.edu/d/ahic
    http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/home/

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/142893?hl=en

Cheers
    Jude

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Joseph, Michael here!

In order to get this working on your site, I found I had to disable the caching inside of Appointments+, by setting "Use Built-in Cache" to "No" inside of:

Appointments -> Settings

I was not able to reproduce this over on my own site, though, but may I ask if you can see the contents from Appointments+ being displayed on your site now, when logged out?

If so then, then we may still be able to get this working, you'll want to try updating to the latest version of Appointments+, though. Since there seems to be an upgrade issue going on presently (which I've brought up to our developers), here's how we'll want to handle this:

#1: Disable the copy you have now, and rename the folder for it via FTP (do not uninstall it inside your WordPress Dashboard!), to something like "appointments-old" (without quotes)

You can find the folder inside of:

/wp-content/plugins

#2: Go here, and download the latest version of Appointments+

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/appointments-plus/

And upload that to your site, activating it after you do so. Then, go to the section I mentioned, and try enabling the cache again, and seeing if that works please.

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Joseph
      • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Michael

Thank you very much for your help. I can see Appointments plus now when I look at the page without logging in.
      I am very much a beginner at WP and I'm not sure how to access the website ftp folders. I have Filezilla on my laptop (used to access a Mr Site website I help with) but I have never tried to access WP ftp files before. Also I did not create the selce website, I just help out amending it. I have asked the person who set the website up about accessing ftp folders, but just in case it takes a while to contact him, can you give me any hints of how to get in? Does the ftp usually use the same login details as the website?

Also given that the appointments plus short codes seem to be showing on the website (when I'm not logged in), do we still need to make these changes?

Many thanks again
      Joseph

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Joseph, glad that it's up and running for you now. :slight_smile:

can you give me any hints of how to get in? Does the ftp usually use the same login details as the website?

The username & password is generally different from the username & password for the WordPress admin login, so you'd probably be looking to hear back from the other admin, in terms of getting the FTP details necessary.

Also given that the appointments plus short codes seem to be showing on the website (when I'm not logged in), do we still need to make these changes?

I figured that you'd be looking to have the caching back on, but if the speed's working good for you as it is now, then we can leave it be. :slight_smile:

Plus, we're working on the changes necessary to sort out the upgrade issues I mentioned before, so that should be sorted out soon, allowing for updates to be done inside our Dashboard plugin once again (so the workaround I posted earlier, with doing the upgrade manually via FTP, shouldn't be necessary, it was a quick means of getting this upgraded in the meantime).

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

You're welcome @Joseph! :slight_smile:

Just as an added note, that update I mentioned for our WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin has been released, if it's not showing up on your end yet, you can try going into your site's Dashboard, and navigating to:

WPMU DEV -> Support

And clicking on the "Check again" link at the bottom of the page there, you should then be able to see the update. :slight_smile:

Hope you're doing well this evening!

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.