Booking, Events, Calendar, Marketpress and Payment

Greetings to all,
I am using Marketpress to sell concert tickets online. Do you have any idea how i could couple that with a calendar ? The ideal would be for customers to be able to see the events on the calendar and book from there. The events are added by different admin users, as this website is a multisite installation and several vendors sell their tickets on this platform.

Thanks in advance,
Cyprien

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya Cyprien,

I don't know of any way to really associate products to a calendar no, although as each product has a date and time, just like a normal post it would be possible to use that.

You'll need to tweak the WordPress loop in order to make it work though.

One way is to change the default display from reverse chronological of 'past' posts to chronological display of future posts - that would list upcoming events as opposed to 'recent posts'. That's relatively simple and could be achieved with a custom plugin or theme edit.

The difficult bit will be forcing WordPress to allow you to publish posts with a future date - something I've yet to figure out myself.

The other option is to use a custom field to set the date and modify the loop to display posts chronologically based on the date in that custom field.

Hope that helps,
    Phil

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.