Bounced emails are not being removed from the e-Newsletter group

I have installed the e-Newsletter plugin and have mailed 1700 of my members and I have received 445 bounced emails in my bounced email address I set up for the bounces.

why is the bounces not being marked in the eNewsletter ?

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi @steve Pershall,

Have you setup a bounce email in the settings?

It can sometimes take a while to process bounces before they are returned as bounced by the mail server.

Though i'm not actually getting any bounces on my site, even with email addresses i've just completely made up at random. & the group name isn't complete when i view the index page. Group name = test, but it just displays te.

Let me just ask the developer for some feedback on this for you.

Hope this helps

• steve Pershall
    • The Crimson Coder

@Vaughan
    yes I have set up a bounce email address

It can sometimes take a while to process bounces before they are returned as bounced by the mail server.

that makes no sense since I have over 400 in my bounced email account
    I think the developer needs to rethink the bounces and pip the email to a script to have them removed this would be much more reliable

• Maniu
    • Developer

Hey @steve Pershall

Its bit impossible to detect all bounced messages because every server returns different message. The script will be improved to support more servers.

I am really not sure why mailer is being blocked... are you able to successfully test smtp and pop connections in plugin settings?
    Cron sending is also managed in enewsletter settings.

Thanks,
    Maniu

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.