BP & Affiliates Plugin

I installed this plugin but it appears that an affiliate must become a member? Is there a way to enable the affiliate program without having someone become a BP member?

Like a 3rd party script?

• truelux
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Well, most affiliate programs allow you to just "become an affiliate." Becoming an affiliate does not always show interest in purchasing or using the product/service. It's purely for additional revenue.

In my case, it would be great to allow people to become an affiliate without being a member since it would clutter my BP site. I am still trying to figure out how to make 2-different memberships via BP.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

Understood. Then you'll have to look at custom development to provide this. The plugin requires the use of WordPress roles in order to operate (and was designed to work in that context). I'm not sure what all would be required to modify that, but we have job boards available for this exact purpose:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/

Or you could consider writing this up as a feature request. All of our development here is done on the priority of member requests. If enough folks want this to happen, we'll take a look ourselves.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.