BP Corporate 1.1.5 to 1.1.6

Hi,

I'm trying to move to the new bp-coporate under bp1.1.3 in order to get to BP 1.2. I realize that I the new theme has been changed to use parent & child themes. When I implement the new bp-global-adminbar-css.php my site gets reduced to trash and I can't login to the site admin:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content="text/html; charset=windows-1252" http-equiv=Content-Type></HEAD>
<BODY></BODY></HTML>

When I put the old one back in, the page remains trashed. The only difference seems to be
if($blog_id == 1) {
to this:
if($blog_id == BP_ROOT_BLOG) {

and that my site no longer works so I need the hosting service to restore.

My migration plan was to:
1. Deactivate BP-Corporate and go to BP-Fun, so I would have the chance to Preview the new bp-corporate b4 activating.
2. Rename bp-global-adminbar-css.php to bp-global-adminbar-css115.php
3. Upload the new bp-global-adminbar-css.php
>>>>Here is where I checked out to see my site was trashed.<<<<
4. Rename the bp-corporate theme folder to /bp-corporate115/
5. Upload the new BP-corporate theme folder.
6. Upload bp-corporate-child folder as /bp-corporate-wc/
7. Login to the site admin, make sure the bp-corporate theme was available and preview it and the new bp-corporate-wc child.
At this point I figured to learn how to use the child to make my local revision.

Where did I go wrong?

Kind regards,
Larry

• tishimself
    • Syntax Hero

Hi,

I did and automatic upgrade to BP 1.2 and activated the BP Default theme.

Upoaded the folders for the bp-corporate 1.1.6 parent and child.

Seemed to be an error with my bbPress Form, but I pressed on...

Just as b4 when I implement the new bp-global-adminbar-css.php my site gets reduced to trash and I can't login to the site admin.

Any clue as to what is happening?

Time to restore and order chinese for dinner. :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Larry

• Richie_KS
    • HummingBird

make sure you take the step - deactivate buddypress plugin and reactivate themes in site admin.
    also reactivate the themes to use in theme appearence..some time the get_option save in cache
    got confuse..

did you put the bp-global-adminbar-css.php in mu-plugins/ ?

if the trail problems still persisted, try remove the bp-global-adminbar-css.php and check the
    site again.

also on site note...if your cookie are save (already login) and you go to /wp-login.php..it will
    come up blank page..this happen in my end tho...bp-core issue.

• tishimself
    • Syntax Hero

Hi,

make sure you take the step - deactivate buddypress plugin and reactivate themes in site admin.
    also reactivate the themes to use in theme appearence..some time the get_option save in cache
    got confuse..

Do I deactivate the BP plugin & themes b4 I upgrade to 1.2, then reactivate afterwords ?

did you put the bp-global-adminbar-css.php in mu-plugins/ ?

Yes.

also on site note...if your cookie are save (already login) and you go to /wp-login.php..it will
    come up blank page..this happen in my end tho...bp-core issue

I think I closed my IE browser and tried to login, but yes my ID and password is saved in a cookie.
    When i view the source code for the page it is empty.

Kind regards,
    Larry

• tishimself
    • Syntax Hero

Hi,

In the readme text for BP 1.2 there are precious little by way of upgrade instructtions. Your post makes me think there are better instructions somewhere. I found these; sure wish they had been included in the Readme txt with the software. SpagettiWorks.

Step 4 question. Do I delete these themes because when I select them in the dashboard the new ones get copied into the theme folder for me to activate?

Upgrading from 1.1 to 1.2
    1.Deactivate any BuddyPress plugins and then deactivate BuddyPress.
    2.If you are not going to use the new default theme, please download, install and activate the BuddyPress backwards compatibility plugin.
    3.Upgrade BuddyPress automatically, or download BuddyPress and overwrite your existing copy.
    4.Delete “bp-default” and “bp-sn-parent” from your themes directory.
    5.If you are using your own custom theme from 1.1, you will need to add define( 'BP_CLASSIC_TEMPLATE_STRUCTURE', true ); to your wp-config.php file above the “stop editing” line.
    6.Activate BuddyPress. You do not need to move any themes in this version

Kind Regards,
    Larry

• tishimself
    • Syntax Hero

Hi,

I activated BuddyPress Default 1.2.1.
    I get an error activating bp 1.2, but there are no supporting details:

Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.

I tried activating it whild using bp-coprorate 1.1.6 only to get the same error.

I'm searching the internet for a clue as to what to do. any suggestions?

Regards,
    Larry

• tishimself
    • Syntax Hero

Hi,

Well BP 1.2.1 is now installed and activated so I can beging experimenting with the new BP Business/Scholar themes which is why I upgraded BP to begin with.

While I'm not sure why this worked what I did was:
    Deleted my install of BP 1.2.1 that would not activate.
    Manually installed BP 1.2 and the activation worked (I had no plugins installed).
    Did an automatic upgrade to BP .1.2.1 and it still activated ok
    put in the new bp-global-adminbar-css.php
    Moved back all my plugins.. so far so good..

Kind Regards,
    Larry

• Richie_KS
    • HummingBird

sometime plugin cache didn't clear if you delete the plugins before deactivate it.
    in your case the bp plugins did not deactivate when you delete the bp folder..maybe?

glad the setup starting to work...give a testrun on our bp themes and any problem just post
    in forum ok.

cheers

• tishimself
    • Syntax Hero

Hi,

On the main bp-corporate page there is "READ MORE>>" that should be a permalink to the blog, but there is no link. Is there a fix?

This link does work for me with bp-scholar and bp-business. These themes have loads of options that I have only begun to check out. wow!

Regards,
    Larry

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.