BP Daily footers moved to sidebar

For some reason (maybe a javascript widget?) my footers on my pages have moved to the sidebar:

http://thatmlmbeat.com/fans/

It just the blog pages though.

Any idea what's up?

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

@Georgef: I would say something may be up with your widgets or something either causing an error or missing div.. what... I do not know. I'd suggest updating to the latest version of the theme if you are not on it to be sure then also removing one by one the widgets to see. It could also be the posts with what you've got added in them like videos.

• drmike
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Ouch.

edit: A report without it complaining about the youtube videos.

Not sure if it's the cause of the problem but take a look at the Twitter Comment bit as you;ve got an a tag, a set of divs and some p tags all intermixed and out of order. Starting at line 913 on the second report.

reedit: Looks fine in ie and firefox. Did you fix it?

• georgef
    • The Incredible Code Injector

@Tammie Thanks I'll check them all out.

@drmike I really don't know what to make of all those errors. I've been told that I shouldn't take the Validator to seriously (somewhere in here as well)

There sure are a lot of errors. I wrapped the youtube videos to align them in the center, that's all I can remember doing but will check again.

I don't get what can be causing all those errors. Unless of course it's from all the feeds coming in from feedwordpress, but that won't affect this page right here?

Nope, didn't touch it. Still looks the same for me in chrome and firefox though.

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

@georgef: It was me that said the validator isn't always the rule to go by :slight_smile: What I was referring to was it should be seen as a guide in these days of html 5 and css3 incoming along with javascript techniques. The problem often comes with a lot of 'autogenerated code' such as youtube, facebook (should see the errors I see with that), twitter and so on. Feeds also can cause them with things as innocent seeming as an un html charactered &. I'd say in your case though it's a div that is a problem looks to me like something isn't closed. Are you on the latest version of Daily?

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

@georgf: I'm fairly sure it's something to do with your content can you do me a favour and remove the side bar content then remove the testimonials bit if that doesn't work - we need to work down to find out 'what' is causing it. I see you've got a ton of divs in content and I'm almost certain (can't say until you do go down one by one) that one of these is the issue with something not being closed or double closing.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.