Bp-Daily Issues

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the wonderful job, but I do have some questions. I just installed Bp-Daily on my site, http://www.BrazilNYc.com, and I am wondering if someone can help me with the following:

1-) I have an empty line on the menu, right below the site's header. It's in between my post categories and the Buddypress tages (Groups, Forum, etc). How do I get rid of that empty row?

2-) I'd like to also get rid of the search button on the right sidebar, on the front page. How do I do that?

3-) I selected the Column display on the theme's backend, and I have three categories showing three separate posts - right under the slide show. And this is great! But under these three blocks/posts, I have several links to other posts, and I have no idea how to change that. I'd like to have more images and posts instead of these random links there, so I'd appreicate if you could help me with that. Thanks!

That's it for now. Thanks!

Rodrigo

• Mason

Hiya!

Great looking site! Let's see if we can get these issues sorted.

1-) I have an empty line on the menu, right below the site's header. It's in between my post categories and the Buddypress tages (Groups, Forum, etc). How do I get rid of that empty row?

This row is for your custom menu navigation. You can activate it through Appearance>Menus.
    You can add whatever you'd like - posts, pages, etc. It's very flexible. If you find you don't want it at all, we can manually remove it by going to bp-daily>library>components>buddypress>buddypress-navigation.php and commenting out or deleting lines 18-21.

You'll have to remember this change if you ever uprade your theme, as it would overwrite the changes you made.

2-) I'd like to also get rid of the search button on the right sidebar, on the front page. How do I do that?

Different file, but same concept as above. :smiley: You'll need to comment out or delete lines 145-150 of your header.php file.

under these three blocks/posts, I have several links to other posts, and I have no idea how to change that.

It looks like you have 6 posts there now. If you change the value of "Select number of posts for your content wall (3 per row)" to 12, you'll then have 4 rows of posts. The links in the footer are all controlled through widgets.

Good luck to ya. Let us know if you have any other questions!

• Rodrigokino

Thanks for 1 and 2. That solves my problem. But I think you misunderstoo my third questions, and it was probably my fault, since after I posted the questions, I changed my site's display function from column to wall. But anyway, take a look at it now. How do I get rid of the links without images below each indifiduual post with thumbnails?

It would be great if I could have just six posts on the front page, below the video (and above the footer).

Also, one more question: how do I place a post above the video and the slide section? Thanks!

Rodrigo

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.