bp Daily throws up error

I just added this to my site and tried to activate but it throws up this error

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare bp_dtheme_ajax_querystring() (previously declared in /home/*****/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-themes/bp-default/_inc/ajax.php:20) in /home/****/public_html/wp-content/themes/bp-daily/_inc/ajax.php on line 63

What have I not done correctly?

• 1stAngel
    • Flash Drive

I have deactivated the Template plugin but still have the error. I am afraid I cannot deactivate all my plugins as that defeats the purpose of having the theme really. Some of them are important and I dont want to lose the data on them.

Can you think of any other reason why this would happen with that error?

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya 1stAngel,

This error is almost always caused by the bp template pack, but what versions of this theme and BuddyPress/WordPress are you running? Let's make sure we're all looking at the same thing :slight_smile:

I am afraid I cannot deactivate all my plugins as that defeats the purpose of having the theme really. Some of them are important and I dont want to lose the data on them.

Well, assuming they're good plugins you shouldn't lose your settings - those are stored in the database. Also, if it is a wayward plugin (as we have no reports of errors with this theme) there's literally no other way to correct the error. If it's a live site that folks are using and deactivating plugins will disrupt things you'll need to have a separate sandbox or development install for testing out new themes, plugins, etc.

Let us know.

Thanks!

• 1stAngel
    • Flash Drive

Just to let you know how I fixed it..... I did what I was told to do above. I deleted BP-Template pack and I thought it was not working but, I am running WP Cache and so it took quite a while to show. Once it had cleared I did see the preview.

This is for anyone else that has the issue I had. Hope that helps

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.