BP Fun No Longer Showing Forums after move and upgrade

I moved my website and upgraded to WP 3.0 at the same time - whoo hoo. Yes, I know a lot of change at once. Somewhere in that process my Forums and some (but not all) of my pages stopped showing up. I switched to BP-Daily and my forums reappeared. I looked through my permissions and they are all set the same and prior to moving, forums and the pages all worked.

Anybody have any idea what could be wrong? It's strange behavior and beyond that, it's causing a problem on my site!

Thanks for any ideas/help.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hmm...

Moving and upgrading one go eh? Living life on the edge to be sure! :smiley:

When you say you moved your website did you change hosts? Move to a different url or domain?

It's odd that your forum appeared when you switched to bp-daily. Have you tried switching back to bp-fun since?

• kipprsnak
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hey, thanks for the reply -
    I did change hosts, and everything was kosher after. I didn't do a nitty gritty kind of test, which perhaps I should have, and then I made the upgrade. It's all very odd. BP Daily doesn't show some pages, but they are a different set of pages than those BP Fun doesn't show...

ap

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

BP Daily works with the new custom menus feature of 3.0 whereas BP Fun does not (yet, I'd assume), and they're set up to show different information in the top nav sections. Point being, it's not unusual for different themes to show different information categories/pages/etc.

What version of WP were you running before the upgrade? Are you using BuddyPress? What about your permalinks? Have you made any modifications there? Try going to the permalinks page and re-saving your settings there.

• kipprsnak
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thanks everybody for your help! I really appreciate it. Found some resolution for the forums - when moving your website, bring all your plugins with you.

Now to figure out the navigation! @Tammie, thanks for the link - I'll check it out.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.