BP Fun Profile Subnav

Hello all..

I am doing some modification of the BP Fun theme that has primarlity to do with changing the items in the various subnav items.

I am trying to remove the "activity" link in the BP fun theme (I have activity feed showing up on the profile page so this is duplicative).. I am also trying to remove the Friends, Groups, favorites subnav items from the items returned from <?php bp_get_displayed_user_nav() ?> .. then re-add them as buttons elsewhere on the page..

First order of business is to be able to simply remove an item from the xprofile subnav.. I tried putting the following in my bp_custom.php file located in /wp-content/plugins/

function my_remove_activities_from_nav( ) {
global $bp;
bp_core_remove_subnav_item( $bp->profile->id, "activity" );
}
add_action( 'xprofile_setup_nav', 'my_remove_activities_from_nav' );

I understand the first argument passed to bp_core_remove_subnav_item() is the parent_id and the second is supposed to be the slug.. what am I doing wrong here?

Assuming I gain control of removing item here.. Is there a way to filter the returned <?php bp_get_displayed_user_nav() ?> items so i can put them on screen in different groupings on the page.. I really just want to put some item in the standard subnav location on screen.. them take others and create a vertical menu...

Any help is appreciated..
Thanks

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

I've not used bp_core_remove_subnav_item before, but your function looks correct. Where exactly are you trying to remove this navigation item from?

I'll ask Richie to drop by as well and see if he has some insight. He's the theme designer for the fun theme.

Thanks!

• rgkeenan
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Mason..

Currently.. I am simply trying to remove the "activity" link in the bp subnav for the profile section of the modified BP Fun theme... I am trying to gain some control over what items appear in the profile subnav..

Typically in the BP Fun theme the items for a single profile page seem to be "Activity", "Profile", "Blogs", "Friends", "Groups"

In my installation I also have "Followers", "Following", "Groups" in the subnav as well.. I cannot seem to determine where BP decides what items get placed in the subnav array when <?php bp_get_displayed_user_nav() ?> is called.

Do you have any light to shine on how user nav's are set as "display-able".. is there a place where which subnav items are supposed to be display are determined?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.