BP panel not showing up on MU BP main or other sites

Hi All,

I have set up a WP 3.3.2 MU site with BP and set the theme to the default Studio theme settings with nothing added or changed.

The problem is, I don't seem to get the sliding panel thing showing at all. Is there any way I can encourage it to see it is a Buddypress install?

The only possibly queried part of the install is that the main admin account can only change BP settings from the main site which I think I recall being the case from other network BP installs.

Have I missed something again?

D

• donty

Duhh OK, I had missed something, I had missed setting the BP theme on the main blog - it was only set on a sub-site. The slide bit now works but only on the main site.

Can we not have the panel on subsites? The studio theme works for single, network and BP and I want people to be able to join a subsite and get access to things related to that subsite not have to login via the top level.

Is that possible? I've not use BP this way around before but I thought I could use it more like a network with sub-site based logins. Is that not possible?

D

• aecnu

Greetings donty,

Though you have presented several issues and questions, some will straighten themselves out as we move forward from the beginning so to speak.

Lets start with your BP activation.

First you had mentioned that you had activated it on the sub site, then you mentioned that you activated it on the main site.

It is my opinion that you should have network activated it from the network admin dashboard rather then site by site.

Therefore to correct this issue you would first want to de-activate it in the main site and the sub site, then go into the network admin dashboard and network activate it.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings donty,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.