BP Profile Search Widget has messy CSS

Hi all

I am looking for some advice as I know BP_Profile_Search is not a wpmu plugin.

I have added the search widget to the side bar on my pages but the CSS needs a bit of attention.
The checkboxes related to my profile fields are bunched up and the the title is squashed in at the top.

Does anyone have any advide on how to change the css properties of the widget?

Scratching my head a little too hard at the moment :slight_smile:

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Mark,

Thanks for your post.

You can use Firebug from Firefox to identify the right element and then apply some CSS to it.

http://getfirebug.com/

Here is how to use it : http://templatic.com/theme-support/tips-n-tutorials/how-to-use-firebug/

If you are not able to find the right elements, let us know and share a link with a screenshot on what you are trying to change and we will try and suggest some CSS :slight_smile:

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• mark_bonito
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi PC

Thanks for the reply. I have been able to find the elements but not able to make the changes effect the individual custom fields.

What I think is happening is that the theme I am using is over riding the css of the plugin.
    I did manage to correct this previously on a different theme. This was corre3cted by the code:

.widget_bp_profile_search #bps_widget  input[type="checkbox"], #profile-details-section .editfield input, #profile-details-section .editfield textarea, #profile-details-section .editfield select, .profile .editfield input, .profile .editfield textarea, .profile .editfield select {
    width:auto; height:auto;
    }

Now I need to correct it in a slightly different way. I need the search to display correctly on the BP Members page only in a widget.

This code had no effect to this widget area. :slight_frown:

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Mark,

Thanks for posting back.

As I said before

If you are not able to find the right elements, let us know and share a link with a screenshot on what you are trying to change and we will try and suggest some CSS :slight_smile:

What is the link to the page where I can view that sidebar widget and try to help you with CSS. Kindly share a screenshot if possible too.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.