BP Social Error Message

When I click to view all members in BP, I gte the following error:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/wryterz/public_html/wp-content/themes/bp-social/members/members-loop.php:14) in /home/wryterz/public_html/wp-content/plugins/whmcs-bridge/bridge.init.php on line 362

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hi Joe

When I click to view all members in BP, I gte the following error:

Just to be sure, are you referring to the members directory.

If so then I have just downloaded and installed the theme, that aspect seems to work for me.

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/wryterz/public_html/wp-content/themes/bp-social/members/members-loop.php:14) in /home/wryterz/public_html/wp-content/plugins/whmcs-bridge/bridge.init.php on line 362

Looks like it might be a issue with the theme and your whmcs-bridge plugin. As the headers are already sent its usually a white space.. I don't have the plugin you are using so I'm unable to test.

Are you using the latest versions though, including WP 3.3 and the latest theme version?

• Moonworks
    • Code Wrangler

Well, it seems that having a four year old waking you up at 7am to tell you she got a chocolate penguin from her Hello Kitty advent calendar isn't so bad.

It meant I was up early to take a fresh look at the code and I found the following line in the plugin file:

session_start();

This was the culprit :o)

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey Joe.

Thanks for the kind comments! :slight_smile:

Our baby will be along shortly so I'm looking forward to many of those early mornings! Due tomorrow, but the wife thinks me buying a scaletrix and a radio control car for the babies christmas present might be a little early. I disagree of course! ha ha

So the the code, did you not have something like:

<?php
    session_start();

With a space in front of the "<?php" ?

Looking at the line numbers, was the function not at the top?

Anyway, if you are interested then you might like to read the comments about this function:

http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.session-start.php#106509

There are a few in there. Might be worth bringing this to the developers attention. :slight_smile:

Good to see you got this working now!

• Moonworks
    • Code Wrangler

Good luck with the birth, though I will warn you that the whole birth thing can be very painful, my hand really hurt by the end of it, and they wouldn't even let me have any of the gas.

It's never too early to buy Scaletrix, though having said that, I was told we couldn't buy Jayne a Dalek she can sit in and move around. Some stupid thing about having no room.

Anyway, back to the point, I had a word with the developer, and he came up with a solution which was better than just deleting the line.

Instead of @session_start(); he has changed it to if (!session_id()) @session_start();

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey again. :slight_smile:

Good luck with the birth, though I will warn you that the whole birth thing can be very painful, my hand really hurt by the end of it, and they wouldn't even let me have any of the gas.

Well thats just disgusting! Did you complain? lol

As for the Dalek, it could be used for trips out around the town whilst shopping! ha ha.

Appending that @ sign to front of that function will only suppress any errors. Just something to keep in mind for future use as it could hide a problem further down the line.

Glad its all working. You still going well with the whmcs bridge plugin?

We will have to get some more +1s on the thread you started:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/whmcswordpress

:slight_smile:

• Moonworks
    • Code Wrangler

I can imagine going to Asda with a Dalek.

I'm not that much of a developer to know much about the various functions, I just work on things and figure out how to do them as I need them.

I've been going through some problems with the developer, and everything is workign great except one part, and to me one of the most important parts - affiliates. The affiliate code it gives when using Wordpress just doesn't work. Support can also be painful at times, though it gets there in the end.

It is really good for setting up things as I am doing, which is a business site providing hosting for writers, accompanied by a social network for writers using BuddyPress. Users can use the signup form on either site and they are automatically members of both sites, they can check on their hosting account, affiliate stats (when it works right) and everything else from within the social network, and they get to do everything from a single location if they want to.

I think we could get something good going with the devs that are here, and because WHMCS Bridge is currently the only choice, there should be plenty of takers.

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey.

I can imagine going to Asda with a Dalek.

Why not, I'd love it!! :slight_smile:

I've not tried the plugin to be honest, but I did see a few options.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/remote-provisioning/

http://whmcsaddon.com/products/wordpress

I think there was another as well.

But not tried any of them to be honest.

If something more solid, robust and integrated with something like Pro Sites existed then I do know of a few other companies whom deal in shared hosting and dedi servers that would be interested in extending their business models. Especially with domain mapping automation upon domain name purchase or the click of a button.

WHMCS do provide some good APIs as well. :slight_smile:

• Moonworks
    • Code Wrangler

Great ending at the end of that video.

The remote provisioning plugin works great, it's from the same developer as WHMCS Bridge and worked as soon as I set it up using the Pro version.

The other one looks interesting, I've sent them a message to see if there is a demo of it somewhere, because that's about £30, so would mean being nice to 'the boss'.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.