BP Social - Logged In Links Not Working

I installed BP Social theme along with buddypress but none of the links at the top right hand corner are working. These are the links you see when you are logged in to the site and include: Activity, Profile, Sites, Messages, Friends, Groups, Forums, Settings, Log Out.

This is the error message I’m getting:

Permission Denied
Not Found / No Access
The page you are looking for either does not exist, or you do not have the permissions to access it.

What could I be doing wrong?

Thanks!

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi basvan,

That's strange, those links are for the logged in user specifically, are you seeing that error as Admin?

I've got a test site where that's working just fine so there's got to be something different with your setup. Could you try deactivating any other plugins (other than BuddyPress) to see if that still occurs?

Thanks,
    David

• basvan
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I deactivated and reactivated buddypress and it started working again. I think it's because I made some changes to the pages and now it reconfigured them properly. Thanks!

By the way, do you know if there's a way to remove some of the page links that appear on this same menu? I has a link for "sites" but I don't really want to allow users to create new sites and wanted to remove that link. Where can I go to do that?

Thanks again!

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey basvan.

Get to see you got this one sorted!

By the way, do you know if there's a way to remove some of the page links that appear on this same menu? I has a link for "sites" but I don't really want to allow users to create new sites and wanted to remove that link. Where can I go to do that?

Just to be clear in my mind, which link do you want to remove? Perhaps include a screenshot with a drawing on so I best understand. :slight_smile:

Thanks.

• basvan
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Timothy,

Thanks for your message. Attached is a screenshot that highlights what I was referring to. I just wanted to know if there's a way to manipulate the menu you see when you're logged in. I'm thinking that there probably is if you do some hand coding, which I'm not good at..:slight_smile:

Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.