BP-Social 'Sign Up' button and 'Search'

I've decided to convert bestagentblogs.com over to the BP-Social theme. It looks great, but I have a couple of niggling issues:

While the text 'Sign-up for Free' works, the green 'Sign Up' button after the 'Already a member?' fields seems to link to the primary domain rather than any sign-up page. How is is supposed to work? Will it try to Sign a user up with the username and password a user enters?

The other issue is the 'Search' widget that doesn't appear to be optional. It doesn't find anything. I was using a custom google search for the site, and that still works. What do I need to do to get the default search working though?

• Richie_KS
    • HummingBird

hi Christofire
    that's coz the 'sign-up for free' are assuming already edited by you on theme option -> wlecome text right?...where does the register/signup you want to point to?

the default signup page are
    http://yourdomain.com/register

but still you can open top-header.php and edit the form line 48+
    < input type="button" name="signup-submit" id="signup-submit" value="<?php _e( 'Sign Up', 'bp-social' ) ?>" onclick=" location.href='http://inputyoursite-register here' " />

@search function
    the wordpress search widget are working fine in my end.
    did you used the appearence -> widget -> search from wordpress widget?

• Christopher Price
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I probably jacked-up the default handling when I followed advice to rename my register page to limit auto-splogging. I'll try to retrace my steps and return it to the default setup.

Can I use these buttons with the Anti-Splog plugin feature that "moves" the registration page? That would be ideal.

RE: the search button, I'm not actually using ANY widget for it. With nothing in the widget section, the standard (non-working) search box appears. If I ad a search widget, BOTH widgets will appear.

• Christopher Price

It seams the GoogleCSE plugin is incompatible with the standard search on this blog. Once disabled, the wordpress search works fine.

Is there a way to integrate a site-wide search into the standard widget included with this theme, or do I need to add both search widgets?

• Christopher Price

This is driving me nuts... I want to try to use the Anti-Splog plugin with this theme. I've determined that the sploggers are coming either through the BuddyPress registration or BBpress -- and NOT from the WPMU registration. So, I would like to disable BP and BBPress registrations and use the re-name wp-signup feature of the Anti-Splog plugin.

My problem is that I don't know php well enough to replace
    Sign-up for free »` link

with

<?php ust_wpsignup_url(); ?>

for the both the text link and the 'Sign Up' button. Can anyone help?

• Richie_KS
    • HummingBird

where does the function ust_wpsignup_url() called from..is it from plugins
    or your own custom function?

actually if you want to redirect to certain url..you can just enter full path like

require('./wp-load.php');
    wp_redirect( 'http://this-is-my-reg-site.com/register....blah....php' );

or see if this work

require('./wp-load.php');
    $custom_redirect = ust_wpsignup_url(); // if there's a get call.....get_ust_wpsignup_url();
    wp_redirect( $custom_redirect );

cheers

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.