BP-Social Theme is not showing Articles from the web section

I already have a bp-social theme v 1.3.7.2. I subscribed again to buy the latest version 1.5.3. Even in the most recent version, the home page doesn't show "Articles from the Web" section. It displays the articles/posts on Recent Posts widget. But Articles from the Web is not at all generating. Please help me ASAP. Otherwise, kindly refund my money back. I'll then prefer other stable theme.

• Siva
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

The point is, the latest Live Demo shows “Articles from the Web” section and “More Articles” section properly. However, I do run the most recent WordPress, Buddypress and this bp-social theme. Please guide me at the earliest.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Siva,

I hope you’re well today!

I’ve checked this theme on my test setup, just to make sure it’s not broken. Here are two solutions for you. Assuming that you are not using a static page as a homepage:

1. To enable article display on a homepage, please go to your dashboard’s

“Appearance” -> “Theme Options” -> “Gallery Settings” page and then

– enable “Enable or disable the homepage featured block” option

– select “article” from the “Choose your homepage featured block style” drop-down list

– insert IDs of selected (“featured”:wink: posts or categories into one of the relevant fields below

– select “How many post from choosen category id you want to show?” if you decided to use category in previous step

– adjust remaining settings if you wish

Save settings and a blog/article section will appear.

For “More articles” section, please add either WP native “Recent posts” widget to the selected sidebar or “bp-social | Featured Categories” widget (this one supports article thumbnails).

To make the site behave exactly like a demo:

2. First, change your WP configuration to use a static page as a homepage. To do so, please go to your dashboard’s

“Settings” -> “Reading” page and choose

“A static page (select below)” for the “Front page displays” option, then select a page to be used as front page and another to be used as posts page. Next, please go to

“Pages” -> “All pages”

and edit this very page that you’ve selected as a “front page”, then in the “Page Attributes” section select the template named “Homepage”.

This will set your front page to act exactly like in our demo.

I hope that helped! If you have any further questions, I’ll be glad to assist!

Kind regards,

Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.