bp_dtheme_ajax_querystring - Hard Crash

Hi:
I just downloaded The daily theme. When I activate the theme, every action in wordpress on the admin panel and elsewhere produces this error:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare bp_dtheme_ajax_querystring() (previously declared in /home/content/36/6449236/html/care/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-themes/bp-default/_inc/ajax.php:20) in /home/content/36/6449236/html/care/wp-content/themes/bp-daily/_inc/ajax.php on line 63

I have reviewed all of the support blogs showing this issue, but there was no apparent resolution. I never installed compatability, and have disabled and removed all of the default themes. The subject matter of the error is repeated declaration of the function.

I added conditional declaration by wrapping in .../themes/bp-daily/_inc/ajax.php:
if ( !function_exists ( 'bp_dtheme_ajax_querystring' ) )// Squibb prevent redefinition
{
function bp_dtheme_ajax_querystring( $query_string, $object ) {
... Function Code ...
}
} // Squibb end prevent redefinition
And the error went away. This patch suggests that some path has multiple inclusion and hence triggers an error.
It is obvious you have worked very, very hard to create a nice theme so I hope this helps you to resolve the persistent issue.
Sincerely,
squibm

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

@squibm: What plugins do you have on... can you turn off all apart from BuddyPress and keep the theme as it was when you downloaded not with your edit. I think you will find you're using the compatibility or template plugin and there is no need with our themes as they are out of the box ready for BuddyPress :slight_smile: There is no need to edit our themes they work and trust us this would have more than you reporting it so lets see why in your case the issue is being caused and you won't have to do any edits.

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

This error doesn't happen if you use BuddyPress with our themes. You probably have the template pack on as a plugin. This is why we suggest you should remove all plugins aside from BuddyPress. I say this fairly confidently as seen it numerous times. We never recommend commenting out that file as it's required by BuddyPress.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.