Brand new Mutisite setup change from subdomain to folder structure ...

Hello,

I just set up my first Multisite ever and it worked very well. Unfortunately I used the subdomain setting to create it ... but I wanted to create the new blogs in a new folder.

I found in the wp-config.php the setting "define( 'SUBDOMAIN_INSTALL', true );".
Is it enough to change this value to true to get the blogs installed in folders instead of subdomains.

I just created one blog as a test and it did not work (of course not as I don't have the subdomains ... haha) ... so I just deleted again the blog and swapped the value to "false".

I created a blog but it came out in a funny format (like no css loaded -which also could be related something else).

What do you think ... should I reinstall Mutisite or is it enough to swap the setting to FALSE?
What could be the problem with the formatting?

• miss2s
    • Flash Drive

But how to do this? Just remove the "define(‘WP_ALLOW_MULTISITE’, true);" from wp-config.php ... or start all over with a fresh WordPress install (haha ... I am used to this already ... :slight_frown:. thank god it is still playing and not a live site ...)

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi miss2s,

A reinstall will definitely fix that, but you might possibly be able to get away with recopying the htaccess data from your Network Admin -> Settings > Network Settings page.

I've never tried switching between the two, but since you're missing the css styling and what not, it seems the issue might only have to do with your htaccess file.

Cheers,
    David

• miss2s
    • Flash Drive

You are right ... the htaccess file was different. So I copied it over again ... and it works for new blogs !!! My old blog with the missing css shows now the picture but still no style (which is no problem as there is nothing on the blog ... I just deleted it).

Thanks a lot ... looks fine. I hope I do not find major issues later on ... haha (maybe I still start from scartch).

Cheers,
    Souri

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.