[Branda] Branda: different settings on multisite

Am I missing something or it is not implemented yet?

I love multisite, and often use it to set up multilanguage sites, or different sites on a same install (example: family site with one subsite for each member of the family).

Now I want to set up different settings for each subsite in a multisite, but as far as I know, I can only change the settings on the network admin level, and this applies to all of the subsites.

Example: the cookie notice, I write it in English for the main site, working fine, now I want to set up the cookie notice in French for the subsite that is the translation of the main site, how do I do that?

I guess it's the same question for other Branda features, different logos, different SMTP, different text replace (for example per language), one subsite in "coming soon" but not others, etc…

I thought I might be missing something as you state "multisite ready" ??

Many thx in advance for your reply.

• Fabio Fava
    • WordPress DevOps

Hey Patricia BT !

Since some version ago, Branda (at that time was Ultimate Branding) has changed: you can Network Disable Branda, and enable it per-Site. Normally when you enable it on every site, they tend (but not 100% garanteed) to use the prior settings (the ones you’ve set per-Network).

Then you can change or make a clean setup on the sites it doesn’t get the prior settings (yes it happens and I can’t say why). I normally export the settings for when this happens, then I just import them on the sites that couldn’t leverage the prior network-wide settings.

Hope this helps you (and I’m happy for my 900th Hero Point), cheers!

• Patricia BT
    • Connector

Thank you Fabio

I tried that, but I get “Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page.” after having activated modules, when I click on the module edit icon. I’m logged in as the network admin, same user as the subsite main admin, on the site I tested. (works on the main site, doesn’t work on other subsites)

EDIT: even worse now after deactivating activating modules. from the subsite /fr , the module edit icon links to the network admin settings, even though Branda is now network deactivated !?!

EDIT 2: worked now by entering the link manually…. example for cookie notice:

[sitename]/fr/wp-admin/admin.php?page=branding_group_front-end&module=cookie-notice

I was hoping for a setting in network that would say “allow site admins to override Branda settings”, and which would act as it takes the network settings by default, but the ones changed on a site-by-site basis.

I’m not sure if it’s a feature request or a bug report then.

Thx

Patricia

• Fabio Fava
      • WordPress DevOps

Hey Patricia BT !

I have a “routine” that sometimes works:

1) Network-Deactivate the issued plugin (Branda in this case);

2) Delete the Plugin (sounds weird but uses to work);

3) Run Plugins Garbage Collector on each site and delete any relevant DB Table(s);

4) Clean DB with some trusted tool (Hummingbird is a good one here);

5) Log-Out, clea all Cookies & Caches for that site (and light-up a candle just in case);

6) Log-In and reinstall on the Network Admin, but only enable per-site.

Hope this can help, it solves 75% of the “misterious cases” when something goes really sideways. Yesterday I’ve had this with the Hummingbird on a single site being migrated inside a Multisite. In my case, as was a new site, I’d rather rebuilt the “site skeleton” since no content had beeb added.

But it sucks (sorry for my language). Cheers!

• Patricia BT
        • Connector

Thx, I edited my post for various comments while I was trying, I found a workaround which requires me to click on the edit which goes to network settings, then I manually change the url, I add the /subsite/ name and remove the /network/, then I can reach the subsite settings…

hope this will be solved, and as a feature request, it would be a network checkbox to “allow subsite admins to override”, and get the Branda settings on all subsites

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Patricia BT

I hope you’re fine today!

The plugin can be “per site” activated but yes, there are some “quirks” I’m afraid. However, we’re working on some serious improvements already so a network activated plugin would have “sub-configs” on sites – for those modules that can properly work separately for sub-sites there would be separate “dashboards” available on sub-sites (so you could “override” general settings) while those that could only work network-wide wouldn’t be available there (only on network admin level).

This is planned for 3.2.x release, though it’s also still being worked on so I can’t give you an ETA or a definite version number. But it seems that the work’s going quite well so if everything passes tests it should be there to solve those issues.

Best regards,

Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.