[Branda] Branda Has Issues: Admin Bar is not working as expected on multiple fronts

Branda has major issues in the Admin Bar on multisite. I'd imagine it is mind boggling trying to test so much with a variety of setups and plugins as they all interact. Well, here is what we have discovered on several of our multisite setups when using Branda Version 3.1.1 using the Divi theme.

I am logged in as Site Admin on our Network with the following issues:

1) Ordering of menus only sticks on dashboard pages. Once viewing the actual site the ordering reverts back to some other ordering method as well as all the links we had hidden.

2) Hiding items only happens when viewing Dashboard. All links are present when viewing the site frontend.

3) Images might have been fixed for custom menu items (haven't tested because everything else broke) but now when you add a regular icon and text the text is missing.

4) Open custom menu link in same window always opens in a new window. target="current" is in the html.

• Pawel
    • Staff

Hello kennibc!

Hope you are having a good day! I’m sorry for the issues you are facing!

I’ve managed to recreate all the same behaviours on my test site, just as you have described. The only note about them is they actually appear without Divi active.

I’ve created a bug report from your ticket and posted it for our Branda developer team. I also searched for a workaround or maybe a quick fix for this, but unfortunately haven’t found any, so we’ll have to wait for the developers to diagnose the issue and come back with a solution.

Kind regards,

Pawel

• kennibc
    • The Crimson Coder

Thanks for the quick follow-up. So this is more or less related to the DIVI theme? We also have other plugins which inject menus to the admin bar.

I wonder if say DIVI is turned off but W3 Cache is active, if you get the same results? Could it be related to plugins adding items to the admin bar and not specifically DIVI.

• Pawel
    • Staff

Hello Kennibc!

Actually, the same thing happens on my test multisite which is practically empty – has currently only Branda and WPMU DEV Dashboard installed. It also has Divi and twentynineteen themes. And the issues don’t seem to be related to any other plugin or theme.

Kind regards,

Pawel

• Pawel
      • Staff

Hello Ed!

If you are facing the same issues and need assistance, please create a separate ticket so we can handle your case individually. If you decide to do that, please include a link to this thread for reference.

Kind regards,

Pawel

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.