[Branda] Cannot access Branda settings

Hi, I'm getting an error of "Sorry you are not allowed to access this page." when trying to access Branda settings.

• wcg@uci
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Turns out my access was missing in the Permission area. I now have access again. Could this have happened with the update? If I lose access again, is there a way to get it back if another network admin is not available?

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there wcg@uci

I’m glad that you’ve managed to sort this out. Where you have any additional user(s) apart from your admin user set in Branda’s permissions? Please advise!

I haven’t noticed anything like that in my test sites but if you think that the Branda update caused that, I’d like to make an additional test. Did you update from v.3.1.2 to v.3.2?

Warm regards,

Dimitris

• wcg@uci

Hi Dimitri,

We did upgrade from 3.1.2 to 3.2 on Tuesday. I noticed it this morning when trying to update an admin message. My colleague still had access and was able to add me. I wasn’t sure if there was a way to regain access if no one else is available. My account should be the primary.

Sylvia

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello wcg@uci

That sounds strange indeed… so to make this clear, there were two users added in Branda’s permissions? Your user which is the initial admin who created the WP installation and an additional one of your colleague? Please advise so I can try to replicate as I’m still unable to. :slight_smile:

Thank you,

Dimitris

• wcg@uci

Sorry for the delay in response. Yes, we have two users who should have had access to Branda permissions. I’m the primary, but could no longer access it. My colleague still could and he was able to add me back in.

• Prathamesh Palve
    • Staff

Hello wcg@uci,

I tried replicating this on my lab sites but I was not able to replicate it. I will need to investigate this further by trying to replicate it again on your end and would need access to the Dashboard and FTP.

As this is a public forum, you must send us your details through our secure contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question using this template:

Subject: “Attn: Prathamesh” –

– WordPress Credentials ( Link/ Username/ Password)

– FTP Access (Host/ Username/Password/ Port)

– link back to this thread for reference

Please update me in the thread here once you send the access. I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Prathamesh Palve

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.