Branda custom login error messages

Testing the Branda plugin and noticed that the custom error message "Invalid username" does not apply to incorrect login attempts using an email address. Wordpress continues to show the standard "ERROR: Invalid email address. Lost your password?". Can this be added in the future?

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Christopher,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I'm afraid, I'm not fully sure whether I understood what exact feature you are looking for. Could you please point out on which module in Branda you are noticing, or want to add? A screenshot regarding this would be helpful in having a better idea regarding this.

Looking forward to your reply. Have a great weekend. :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Nithin

• Christopher
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Branda > Front-end > Content > Error Message

Branda currently supports custom error messages for the following login errors:
    Empty username
    Invalid username
    Empty password
    Invalid password

After settings these custom messages you would expect that if an account holder using their email address to login to Wordpress that is mistyped would receive the custom Invalid username error message. This is not the case. It appears there is a separate error message that Wordpress uses for email address that are incorrect.

Branda Settings Panel

Error from incorrect username, shows the custom Branda error

Error from incorrect email address, you expect the custom error message but show a default message specific to email addresses

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Christopher

Thanks for explaining it. Actually, the custom error message is for invalid or empty username only, so when a user provides an emai address, wordpress handles it differently and that's why the custom error doesn't work for email.

I am not sure if customizing email error message is possible or not, so I have sent your issue to our second level support team. Please note that, they deal with more complex issues, so there might be little delay. We appreciate your patience on this.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.