[Branda] Per site configurations

Branda has a lot of great features that would be greater if they could optionally be changed on a per site basis. I already requested that for SMTP, but the same goes for other…

EMAILS

Email Template: great to be able to send HTML emails, but you can’t brand them when e.g. a shop in a sub site needs to be able to send order confirmations. So, having an option for site owners to overwrite the network default seems necessary.

From Headers & SMTP: Same, e.g. order confirmations or anything related to a subsite should be sent from a subsite address.

FRONT END

Author Box: Think this mostly useful on a per site basis too. It may be good for some, but not good for all sites.

Cookie Notice: Would be useful if site owners could optionally change colors, content and turn it off entirely for their site.

UTILITIES

Images: Would be useful to be able to override the default favicon from the sub site backends. This has been requested elsewhere too.

Tracking Codes: I don’t, but I guess it’s useful to be able to track the entire multisite at once, but while the feature exists, perhaps it could be used by subsites too? It does make me wonder if it is OK to have e.g. 2 GA tracking codes on one page?

Website Mode: I’m not using this either, because at the time, at least last time I looked (when it was still Ultimate Branding) it didn’t give enough flexibility, but it would seem a nice feature if sub sites could brand it too.

I think that’s about it.

Thanks for the considerations! =))

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Axel

I hope you’re well today and thank you for your question!

Before I’ll talk to our developers/designers, I’d like to ask you something in addition, if you don’t mind :slight_smile:

Both Ultimate Branding (previously) and now Branda could/can be activated on Multisite in two ways. It can be “network enabled” but it can also be “per site” activated meaning enabling it separately on each (sub)site of the Multisite. What you’re referring here is definitely a “network enabled” plugin but is there any specific reason for you why, in such case, not to enable it “per site” (separately on each site)?

Or you have tried it and there are still some parts that do not behave they way you’d want them to behave (I’m asking because since Branda, even though it’s a “re-incarnation” of Ultimate Branding, is still relatively new so I may not be aware yet of some issues)?

Let me know, please.

Kind regards,

Adam

• Axel
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Adam,

Thank you for your reply and consideration.

There are 2 reason for enabling it network wide:

1. The other features, like branding the back end, adding links to the admin bar, branding the login screen, adding/removing dashboard widgets, … I think branding the backend is more important for the network than for the site owners.

2. Simplicity: I like to keep the configurations for sub sites as simple and minimal as possible. The more menus, the more overwhelming it becomes. Site owners, imo, do not need access to all features, but some (email templates and SMTP mostly) can’t be used unless site owners can override them if needed.

-my2ct =))

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.