[Branda] Preview db error page in branda

I just set up and styled my db error page in Branda and I was wondering how it will look like. Is it possible to preview it? Can a preview link be added in the dashboard/back-office of Branda db error page creation?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Avatar

I hope you’re well today!

Currently you can preview that page after it’s set up by simply going to “yoursite.com/wp-content/db-error.php” URL but I got a good news for you: it’s already coded into the plugin and if it passes tests should be included in 3.1.x release (most likely 3.1.0 but if not, it should be one of the first 3.1.x versions).

Best regards,

Adam

• The Bug Hunter

Thanks, that is good new indeed.

about the preview ****/wp-content/db-error.php is blocked in my settings

Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /wp-content/db-error.php on this server.
    Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I believe I set up to block browser folder access in the htaccess file.

Will that be an issue for the error page to appear in case of error? I will look forward for new Branda updates. Thanks

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Avatar

That shouldn’t be an issue in case when the real db error happens. What you got blocked is a direct access to the file but WordPress itself should be able to read it anyway as it does that in a different way (from the “server point of view”:wink: than you do when you’re trying to open it directly in browser.

Once the preview is included in the plugin that shouldn’t matter as well :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.