[Branda] User Permissions

It would be nice to be able to set admin and user permissions inside Branda similar to the WPMU DEV dashboard so only the user that installed the plugin can view it and can authorize other users to view and edit Branda settings.

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there Brad,

hope you’re doing well today! :slight_smile:

Not sure how useful this would be for the majority of the users, as you can also use a plugin like Adminimize to customize the admin views of all users. Despite that, I’ve already shared this request with our developers and designers for further consideration. If there’s going to be any development on this, me or another colleague of mine will keep you posted here.

Thank you,

Dimitris

• Tam
    • Flash Drive

Update to 3.2 and can’t access to Branda… :tired_face:

Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page.

Query Monitor

The message above was triggered by Core.

Call stack:

wp_die()

wp-admin/includes/menu.php:348

• Patrick Freitas
    • Staff

Hi Tam

Hope you are doing well.

I tried to replicate this behaviour but I couldn’t, as soon I activated the Super Admin to allow access for network admins and normal admins I could access the Branda Page with those users, however, I see it was fixed adding your user on Custom Users option.

Let us know if you need any further help on this.

Best Regards

Patrick Freitas

• Tam
    • Flash Drive

Yes i need help :slight_smile:

We have to downgrade to 3.1.2 because with 3.2 we cannot add user anymore (admin and network admin)

When clicking on add user we have an error :

ERROR: Please enter a password.

Decidedly we have to be very careful with Branda updates… :disappointed:

• Tam
    • Flash Drive

Cannot be resolved by Chat support. We can’t give access like that on our servers. As we cannot use wpmu dashboard plugin.

php 7.0

WP 5.2.3

We have this problem with Branda on 3 differents servers with MU (workflow to test until online)

We have this problem with only Branda activated and with Twenty Nineteen (without child-theme)

When Branda is desactivated i can add a new user.

No error in console

Nothing bad in debug.log

Be careful with downgrade, Branda keep the last config.

I’m a little confuse it’s the first time we have so much problem with a plugin updates (1). And it’s the first time with a paid plugin :disappointed:

(1) Not the same problem but on one server i cannot have all the roles to assign. Only Network admin and guest. https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/branda-role-user-problem-withe-network-admin

• Prathamesh Palve
    • Staff

Hello Tam,

I remember we had a conversation about this a day before on chats. I went ahead and checked this a few more times just to be sure and was not able to replicate it on my end. I’m afraid it would be difficult to troubleshoot this without proper access to your servers as we would need to understand what has been going wrong on your end there. Did you take the plugin conflict test as I suggested? If not, here is the link which would guide you on how to do it:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/wordpress-plugin-conflicts-how-to-check-for-them-and-what-to-do/

If you have not taken the plugin conflict test, kindly consider taking it once. I estimate that should help ping the conflicting plugin.

To downgrade the plugin, I suggest you rename the current folder and then make a copy of the plugin folder and install the downgraded version of the plugin. To download the earlier version, navigate to the Branda plugin link here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/projects/category/plugins/ Open the Branda page-> Select the Changelog option and download the version you wish to have and install it.

Should you have any doubts, feel free to hit back to us if you need any help further. I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you,

Prathamesh Palve

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.