branding

I want to change the size of the branding, I have changed it in CSS but when I upload the image it crops is at 100px. I need it at 200px
I am using gridmarket child theme of framemarket

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hiya @DSafari

You can see in framemarket/functions.php on line 51 that if the header image height is not defined, it will be set at 100px. So you can define it in your wp-config.php by adding the following just above where it says "That's all, stop editing!"

define('HEADER_IMAGE_HEIGHT', 200);

Hope this helps! And thanks for being a member :slight_smile:

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

@deborah_christenson

I'm sorry, I had posted my reply to the wrong person :slight_frown: Please see my recommendation for wp-config above.

@DSafari

Doesn't wp-config.php get updated with WP?

Nope. Updates to WordPress don't affect wp-config.php (there'd be hell to pay if it did!).

Remember when you installed WP, you had to change the name of that file from wp-config-sample.php. That's the name of the file that comes bundled with WP.

Would it be better ... to use a child theme and define it there?

That's always the recommended way to make modifications to themes. But GridMarket is a child-theme of FrameMarket.

Also, she tried CSS in GridMarket but that didn't work because the header size is defined in the parent theme's functions.php file. So, the ideal way is to add a custom define rule to wp-config.

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello there @deborah_christenson, I hope you're well today!

I 'm just going through some of the older threads here.

As it's been a little while since we last heard from you I thought I'd check in to see how you're going?

I will mark this issue as resolved.
    If you're still looking for some further assistance with this thread then please feel free to reopen the thread or of course for any new and related issues you are most welcome to open a new thread.

Thanks.
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.