Branding - favicon

The image uploading for the favicon does not seem to work. I created a 16x16 png file. As I tried to upload it simply cleared the form field.

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

Hello @john_osmond

I'm going to attach a couple of screen shots that should help you out here.

This is assuming that your using the latest version of WordPress.

Let me know if this solves your problem. If not let me know that as well by replying here.

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hey John,

Welcome to the Community!

I tried the same and it worked well. Not sure if it's a permissions issue, Can you try making your wp-content/uploads/ultimate-branding/ folder and sub-folders writable (777) and try again?

Use Filezilla, browse to the folder, right click and choose File Permissions and in the numeric value enter 777 and click okay.

Let me know.

• john_osmond
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello guys. Wow! Several responses. First, thank you for that.

@Dean, I am using the latest wp. In fact, a fresh install just last night.

The screen shots that you sent me seem to be from a unique theme. I don't have those options.

I like to make/use child themes of twentytwelve. So I don't see the "Site Options" and General settings that look like your ss's.

I'm also brand new to this amazing system you all have going here. I'm a little overwhelmed (but in a good way of course).

• john_osmond
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

@Arun I tried what you said and it did not correct the problem. In fact, the image upload functionality worked fine when I uploaded a login logo. That worked perfeclty.

I am going to reset the perms on that directory back to 755 while I go try what tom suggested.

• john_osmond
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Ok, well using the .ico file worked.

Seems odd tho. I've used favicons in other sites and I've always used .png's.

Thanks.

ps: I'm new to this system. I'm marking the thread as resolved. What is customary with that point system you all have?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.