Branding Footer

Is there a code to force the footer to the bottom on pages where it displays in the middle of the page?

I went into one of my client's dashboard and the Ultimate Branding custom footer is showing in the middle of the page, instead of at the bottom. I was wondering if there was some sort of code or fix I could implement to change that. I have attached a screenshot of the issue and one where everything is ok.

• Milan

Hello Jerone

Hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

This should not happen because Ultimate Branding Custom Global footer always gets inserted after main content and that is what also happening on your site, please take a look at this screenshot.

As you can see, it is being inserted after your site's main content. But if you can include page link where it is coming in the middle of the page, I can assist you better here.

Looking forward to hearing back. :slight_smile:
    Best Regards,
    Milan

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Jerone!

I hope you're having a nice day :slight_smile:

I checked the main site (the one from screenshots) and I could replicate this. After a brief examination I think it's a theme issue. The position of that footer seems to depend on a device resolution.

On my laptop's 1366x768 pixels screen the footer is correctly located at the bottom of the screen while on my external monitor (of much higher vertical resolution) it goes "up the page", placing itself in about 2/3 of screen height.

The issue here is that, as my colleague Milan already explained, the footer is being "injected" below the main content of the page which is in most cases the correct (and "logical") place. However, in case of some themes - such as yours - the content doesn't even "reach" the bottom of the screen. In other words, the page has either no "footer" or its original footer is placed "flexibly" and with the full screen background it gives the impression of misplaced "custom footer".

The bottom line is: that's not an error and that's nothing to "fix" actually but some "custom tweaking" is necessary indeed.

That being said, give the following CSS rule a try:

#ub_global_footer_content {position:absolute!important;bottom:0px;left:0;right:0;}

The simplest way would be to add it to the theme's custom CSS option (if there is such an option in theme settings) or use e.g. Simple Custom CSS plugin. If you are using a child theme you may just place it in that theme's style.css file.

The same code should "fix" other sub-sites that use the same theme (if added there) or similar one but it may be necessary to add slightly different "tweaks" to other sites/pages. Give it a try please and let me know how it worked for you.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Jerone

I went the Simple Custom CSS route and it looks like it got a little better for the front page. It's down further. I attached a screenshot.

The only problem is that now my other page it went up to the towards the top.. Screenshot is attached... Also on the sub site, it went to the middle on the home page and had no effect on the dashboard part.

On another note, would you happen to know if I could get rid that background color behind the footer... That just started showing up... could be a conflict with another plugin, but I wanted it to be transparent like it used to be... anyway... screenshots attached.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Jerone!

I added an additional class to the custom CSS rule on your site so it now should only address the homepage of your main site. Check it please and let me know how does it now relate to other pages/sub-sites.

As for background: I added another rule there to remove background. Let me know please if this was the background you were referring to or if I misunderstood you. The background rule should affect all pages and sub-sites.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Jerone

The background went away but it left a border... so I added the following code: #ub_global_footer_content pre {border:none!important;}

I'm not sure if that was the right way to do it because I'm not big on coding, but it worked lol... Let me know if that is cool...

So I can live with how it is now, but the sub sites are still and issue and that's just as important... On one of the sites, its still in the middle of the page. On another it's at the bottom, but when I view the dashboard of that sub site, it's in the middle again... I don't know man... it's very strange. But that is where I'm at...

The previous screenshot for the sub site (Spark Horizons) did not change...

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Jerone!

The background went away but it left a border... so I added the following code: #ub_global_footer_content pre {border:none!important;}

I'm not sure if that was the right way to do it because I'm not big on coding, but it worked lol... Let me know if that is cool...

That's perfectly fine. It's suggested to avoid using an "!important" flag but there are some specific cases where it's not possible so yes, that's all right :slight_smile:

So I can live with how it is now, but the sub sites are still and issue and that's just as important... On one of the sites, its still in the middle of the page. On another it's at the bottom, but when I view the dashboard of that sub site, it's in the middle again... I don't know man... it's very strange. But that is where I'm at...

Yes, the recent tweak of the CSS made my changes affect ONLY the front page of the main site. I did this on purpose because I think in this case it may be better to address sub-sites separately. They are not based on the same theme all, is that right?

Could you list the names of the sub-sites for me that still need tweaking along with related theme name? I'd then review them again and hopefully we could tweak them as well :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

• Jerone

OK Great.

The two sub sites in question are Spark Horizons (Corporate Theme) and You Deserve More Real Estate (ElegantEstate). I only installed the Simple CSS Plugin on one of the Spark Horizons site for now... When you go to the Spark Horizons site, you'll find that on the home page, the footer is showing in the middle and same on the dashboard. When you go to the real estate site you'll see that on the home page, the footer is at the bottom, as it should be... but the dashboard shows the footer in the middle, just like the Spark Horizon site's dashboard...

• Milan

Hello Jerone

Hope you are doing well today. !! :slight_smile:

I noticed that due to rules defined on your main site, its causing issue to not display footer on your subsites. For this, I would need to talk with Adam first. I've pinged him but he is not online currently. As soon as he gets online he would update me. After that I will update you here. Please wait for some time.

Best Regards,
    Milan

• Jerone

OK will do... are these rules that I would control or are they in place "behind the scenes". Also would this be a theme conflict? It seemed to be working before (on the exterior of the main site and sub sites), that's why I'm wondering what I may have done... I installed sweet custom dashboard plugin which isn't all up to date, but it's a pretty simplistic plugin.... so not sure if that is the problem...

• Jerone

Wow... after all this time... That was the culprit... I could've sworn it was working with that plugin, but I guess not. As soon as I disabled that plugin, it jumps to the bottom..... The thing is that I really really need that plugin, so if you guys could help me out with some sort of css code I can put in each sub site, then that would be great because I really want to customize the dashboard experience and this seemed to be the only plugin that would allow me to play my own youtube videos and have my own content within the dashboard... Is this possible? I apologize if I wasted your time on this... Again, I didn't even think about this plugin until yesterday... and didn't really think it would be the problem...My apologies...

• Jerone

This is the code I edit when customizing the dashboard:

<?php
    /*
    Plugin Name: Sweet Custom Dashboard
    Plugin URL: http://remicorson.com/sweet-custom-dashboard
    Description: A nice plugin to create your custom dashboard page
    Version: 0.1
    Author: Remi Corson
    Author URI: http://remicorson.com
    Contributors: corsonr
    Text Domain: rc_scd
    */

/*
    |--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | CONSTANTS
    */

// plugin folder url
    if(!defined('RC_SCD_PLUGIN_URL')) {
    	define('RC_SCD_PLUGIN_URL', plugin_dir_url( __FILE__ ));
    }

/*
    | MAIN CLASS
    */

class rc_sweet_custom_dashboard {

/*--------------------------------------------*
    	 * Constructor
    	 *--------------------------------------------*/

/**
    	 * Initializes the plugin by setting localization, filters, and administration functions.
    	 */
    	function __construct() {

add_action('admin_menu', array( &$this,'rc_scd_register_menu') );
    		add_action('load-index.php', array( &$this,'rc_scd_redirect_dashboard') );

} // end constructor

function rc_scd_redirect_dashboard() {

if( is_admin() ) {
    			$screen = get_current_screen();

if( $screen->base == 'dashboard' ) {

wp_redirect( admin_url( 'index.php?page=custom-dashboard' ) );

}
    		}

}

function rc_scd_register_menu() {
    		add_dashboard_page( 'Custom Dashboard', 'Custom Dashboard', 'read', 'custom-dashboard', array( &$this,'rc_scd_create_dashboard') );
    	}

function rc_scd_create_dashboard() {
    		include_once( 'custom_dashboard.php'  );
    	}

}

// instantiate plugin's class
    $GLOBALS['sweet_custom_dashboard'] = new rc_sweet_custom_dashboard();

?>
  • Jerone

There is another php file in that folder, but I don't edit this one at all... Here it is, just in case you wanted to see it:

<?php
    /**
     * Our custom dashboard page
     */

/** WordPress Administration Bootstrap */
    require_once( ABSPATH . 'wp-load.php' );
    require_once( ABSPATH . 'wp-admin/admin.php' );
    require_once( ABSPATH . 'wp-admin/admin-header.php' );
    ?>
    <div class="wrap about-wrap">

<h1><?php _e( 'Welcome To Your Back Office' ); ?></h1>

<div class="about-text">
    		<?php _e('Your back office is currently under construction.' ); ?>
    	</div>

<h2 class="nav-tab-wrapper">
    		<a href="#" class="nav-tab nav-tab-active">
    			<?php _e( 'Getting Started' ); ?>
    		</a><a href="http://netprofitdepot.com/appointments/" class="nav-tab">
    			<?php _e( 'Consultations: Schedule Now' ); ?>
    		</a><a href="http://netprofitdepot.com/npd-small-business-premium/?bid=5" class="nav-tab">
    			<?php _e( 'Upgrade: Premier Hosting' ); ?>
    		</a><a href="#" class="nav-tab">
    			<?php _e( 'Members Only: The Depot' ); ?>
    		</a>
    	</h2>

<div class="changelog">
    		<h3><?php _e( 'Before You Choose A Website Hosting Plan' ); ?></h3>
    	<p><?php _e( '<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ScMzIvxBSi4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>' ); ?></p>	

<h4><?php _e( 'About Your Consultation' ); ?></h4>
    			<p><?php _e( 'Remember, just for registering you get a free 1 on 1 consultation with JL Ferren. This consultation is to dicuss a detailed plan for your website and what to expect. Additional consultations will be offered in the future in order to help grow your business. <strong><a href="http://netprofitdepot.com/appointments/">Click here to schedule your appointment now</a></strong>' ); ?></p>

<h4><?php _e( 'About Upgrading to a Hosting Plan' ); ?></h4>
    			<p><?php _e( 'Hosting is what stores all your content, files, images, databases, etc online and it is an absolute must for all websites. We have affordable plans for everyone, but before you choose a plan, be sure to cliam your free 1 on 1 consultation because we may give you a special offer, which can allow you to save even more! <strong><a href="http://netprofitdepot.com/npd-small-business-premium/?bid=5">Click here to choose a hosting plan</a></strong' ); ?></p>

<h4><?php _e( 'About Members Only: The Depot' ); ?></h4>
    			<p><?php _e( 'Coming Soon...' ); ?></p>
    		</div>

</div>

</div>
    <?php include( ABSPATH . 'wp-admin/admin-footer.php' ); ?>

The plugin folder doesn't contain anything else other than this php file and the previous one... That's it...

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.