Branding the lockout page from Defender

Is there a way to make the lockout page from Defender also branded. At the Moment it has the Defender logo and such but i want to make it more ….like my site
I am not sure why this is not included in the plugin
I mean the plugin has customized Login link why not custom styling? I mean when Amazon bannes you or Facebook,...you don't see the brand of the Firewall.
If at any time Defender has a problem hackers might target exactly that just because of the Name
Can you also include some Features like ninja Firewall has,...regarding ip masking
for Blogs in Germany it is not legally required to have ips logged and include the Option to have ips masked with the last Digits replaced with xxx
and another cool feature,...Limit usernames except those from a custom list
Defender could include the Option when users Register, users cannot use for Registration certain usernames like Webmaster or Administrator or such

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Vlad,

I hope you're well today!

As for customization of the lockout page, currently the way that Sohag suggested during the chat would be a way to do it, unless it's only about the "looks" - then it could also be customized with some CSS but you'd have first to trigger the lockout page (preferably via some VPN in order not to lock yourself out) to create such CSS.

As for other suggestions. Let's first summarize it and make sure that I correctly understand them, ok?

I mean the plugin has customized Login link why not custom styling? I mean when Amazon bannes you or Facebook,...you don't see the brand of the Firewall.
    If at any time Defender has a problem hackers might target exactly that just because of the Name

That's clear to me: adding customization options to Defender so lockout/ban pages/messages could be fully branded.

Can you also include some Features like ninja Firewall has

Could you explain to me what/which features of Ninja Firewall do you mean, please?

regarding ip masking
    for Blogs in Germany it is not legally required to have ips logged and include the Option to have ips masked with the last Digits replaced with xxx

Do you mean that it's "not required" to log these IPs or rather that it's "not allowed"? I don't know German laws but from what I heard/read they are quite strict sometimes so I'd like to make sure :wink: Also, I assume that you're referring here to the "Defender Pro -> IP Lockouts -> Logs" where these IPs show up if lockouts occur, right? Or is it some other feature that you would want to see in Defender but it's not there yet?

and another cool feature,...Limit usernames except those from a custom list
    Defender could include the Option when users Register, users cannot use for Registration certain usernames like Webmaster or Administrator or such

In Multisite setups there's already a core WP feature that allows you to "ban names" that shouldn't be used for new sites registrations. That, however, doesn't apply to usernames and is also not available on single WP installs, obviously. I assume, though, that this would be a similar feature to that but affecting usernames instead, correct?

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.