Branding - The Logo appears but H1 Text still shown

Hi,

When using the Ultimate Branding the custom login image chosen is shown. However:

1) I had to go into wp-login and remove the site name text
2) The image is not centered - any thoughts?

http://staging3.raison-online.com/wp-login.php

thanks

Elliot

Tom Eagles

hi try this go to line 105 of the login-image.php

the following code will be there

h1 a {
    	background: url(<?php echo site_url( 'wp-content/login-image/login-form-image.png', '', 'login' ); ?>) no-repeat;
    	width: 326px;
    	height: 67px;
    	text-indent: -9999px;
    	overflow: hidden;
    	padding-bottom: 15px;
    	display: block;
    }

just add a margin-left; then a xxpx; value just below the display: block; and before the }

adjust the xx to a value that centers the logo on the login theme by experimenting.

so for example it could read

h1 a {
    	background: url(<?php echo site_url( 'wp-content/login-image/login-form-image.png', '', 'login' ); ?>) no-repeat;
    	width: 326px;
    	height: 67px;
    	text-indent: -9999px;
    	overflow: hidden;
    	padding-bottom: 15px;
    	display: block;
            margin-left: 45px;
    }
    Tom Eagles

The problem with this is that its a wordpress default image and the styling is hadled by wordpress, all the branding plugin does is to allow you to replace that image, different people use different sized images so centering would be hard to do automatically.

considering all the other benefits of the plugin adding one line of .css is a small price to pay. As long as you know where to look,

Using firefox and firebug or chrome and using view element can save loads of time trying to figure out what to edit, i am having to customise a lots of css at the moment to get things to match my theme, not the plugins fault in my case just me wanting some consistency throughout the site.

but glad it worked for you

PC

Hello @noriise

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums and @tom.eagles for his help

The image is not centered - any thoughts?

At times, the image dimensions can cause these issues

This is a bodge for a Professional Plugin though - perhaps the developers can tidy this up for any future releases.

Instead of modifying the core, you can easily be handled by the Inbuilt option of adding CSS in the plugin itself

See an example here

http://wpdemo.in/wp-login.php

This has been achieved by adding CSS in the Ultimate Branding plugin and I am sure you can hide the site title by adding the code to the same CSS field too.

Just Activate the "Custom Login CSS" Module

And add the code

The only reason we have provided the option for Custom Login CSS is to handle these type of issues and provide a way to our users to style their login page

I hope that helped. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions.

Cheers
    PC

PC

Greetings and thanks for being a great community member.

We haven't heard from you on this one for long and I am doing a regular followup to see if there is still something we can assist you on this thread.

Just to manage the support issues more efficiently, I am marking this thread as resolved for now however this is not being done to avoid your questions in any ways.

Please feel free to mark this is "Not resolved" in case you have further questions and we would be back on it.

Thanks a lot for being with WPMU DEV.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Did you know we offer FREE lifetime memberships? Click here to learn more.