BreadCrumb in Upfront

http://***********/*****grammar/store/products/make-up-for-ever-excessive-lash-in-black/

The default Upfront breadcrumbs stop at products > current product.

1. What's the current hierarchy of the default breadcrumb, and how to load category after Products
2. "Current product" sounds very unprofessional, how to load name of product instead

• Ari

Hey Erum,

Hope you are well today!

I see that you are on trouble to edit the breadcrumb with UpFront.

By the way, I have change two product breadcrumb with the product title, here is the links:

http://****/**grammar/store/products/make-up-for-ever-excessive-lash-in-black/
    http://****/**grammar/store/products/urban-decay-all-day-all-night-travel-duo/

=====

How I did it?

1: Please start editing any single product page with UpFront.
    2: Double click on breadcrumb text to enable the editing mode.
    3: Now select the text you want to remove (maybe it's "Current Product"). then press the backspace.
    4: Now write the product name or anything else you need.
    5: Now click on save button, it will open a popup asking you do you want to save the changes only for this post or for every post.
    6: Make sure you choosed the only this post option, otherwise it will change for every single products.

I'm afraid that, this is not dynamic, but I think it is a great ability for users to change it to anything.

If you have any problem let me know here.

Cheers, Ari

• Erum

Please note I did not give you permission to make changes to my website. It is a live website.

So thank you for mucking things up for me.

By now you should know there is a bug in your system as I have reported it several times since one year. And that is the price of the product goes to 0 when you edit it in Upfront. And you edited not just one but two products. So WTG as I did not have the pricing of one of them written down so I had to work it out all over again. And thankfully no one purchased it in the meanwhile for the price of 0.

Also, what kind of a solution is to go to each and every product and manually change the breadcrumbs. That is just ridiculous. And now I have to change it back as it is no longer matching the rest of the site.

Also I wanted the breadcrumbs to be a complete trail of breadcrumbs - obviously all products are under products, which is why the category needs to come after that, then the product name. That is how breadcrumb trails work.

Please do not edit someone's live site without permission again.

• Ari

Hey Erum,

I'm really sorry about what I did, I will never do it again. Thanks so much!

About the category you can also do it by changing the text to: Some Category / Product Title
    Since it is text, you can do whatever you want.

Yap, I agree with you about the breadcrumb, it is better to have a dynamic way. But currently it doesn't possible. If you want it I can move this thread to Features and Feedback section of the forum so other members can vote on it and if it proves to be popular request we’ll consider it for future development.

Also, if you need to customize this now you can post a job in our job board where you can hire a developer to assist further: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

Please note that, no WPMU official staff members are allowed to work in the job board.

=====

About the bug you just noticed me (changing price to 0 while editing in UpFront), did you opened any thread? If so please give me the link, but if not please open another thread by the following information:

- short description of issue
    - how to reproduce the steps if any
    - any additional notes if any

Our devs will test it, after prove it, we will hand over to the proper devs, so they can fix it asap.

Thanks so much!

Regards, Ari

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.