Bringing members into WP from WHMCS

One of the things the other bridge plugin has, is that when you have a user sign up at whmcs, they automatically become a member on your WP site.

Is this something that will soon be possible with this plugin?

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

If they purchase a multisite through WHMCS and no user with the same email exists on the WP site, one will be created there because you have to have something to connect the site to. It doesn’t make memberships just to make memberships though.

• Moonworks
    • Code Wrangler

That’s right. Would this be a possibility?

I can only go by the other one, but there may be a better way to do it. The way that works is that someone signs up through WHMCS, and that then creates the member in WP. If they log into WHMCS, they can then use WP as a member would, so the ability to create posts within admin, edit their posts etc, but if they change their details in WP it doesn’t make those changes in WHMCS. However, they could just log into WP and their email address is their username, because of the restrictions on usernames in WHMCS.

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

We can probably do it, but I don’t think it would happen on a simple signup. I’d have to find a hook that occurs just when they signup. And let say you had several Multisite servers. How do you decide which one to join? At least with a product all that is defined in the product definition.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

I could see this being handy with this plugin because then you can offer other services from your WordPress site.

Perhaps it could be done so that you are only registered when signin up from the specific site with WHMCS WP Integration on.

But when you sign up from the main WHMCS it does not register on all sub sites?

Perhaps then if you go to sign up or register from one of those sites with WHMCS WP Integration it somehow matches up and just works?

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.