Broken Image Links, Metadata issues

I have over 10,000 post metadata for image attachments that no longer exist. How can I remove? I tried the plugin image cleanup and it couldn’t repair the links or remove, as the images themselves no longer exist. Thanks!

• Chart
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Rupok, thanks for your reply.

This plugin didn’t work for my issue, it told me that I have no broken links when I know I have 10,000 lines of metadata for images that have long been deleted.

I need to know how to separate existing, useful, metadata from the post attachment metadata and delete those that relate to deleted images. I’ve even tried DX Delete Attached Media Plugin, but the code in the tutorial didn’t work for me in my SQL database, so the attachments didn’t transfer.

The broken files clearly show in image cleanup plugin (which also cant delete them) and in the metadata file. The files were broken after my host trf my database incorrectly.

Hope you can help me cleanup my db.

Thanks,

Charlotte

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Chart

I hope you are doing good.

Would you please share us a link where I can see broken images in the site?

And how the image urls are stored in meta data? Are those featured image or any other meta?

If the images are shown as broken or missing image in the site, you can try this little script to show them: https://css-tricks.com/snippets/jquery/better-broken-image-handling/

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers

Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.