Broken Jetpack Tiled Galleries

Hi @Michael Bissett and the rest of the WPMU DEV Support team!

I've been trying to fix my tiled galleries by Jetpack and am having a lot of trouble.

I've deleted and reinstalled jetpack, deleted and reuploaded all my photos (smaller sizes) and I'm still seeing a blue box with a question mark instead of the photo. When you click on the photo it appears perfectly in the lightbox.

I've also activated Photon but that just made all my photos turn into blue question mark boxes, so I left it disabled. This way I can at lease see the single photos!

It's my favourite tiled gallery plugin, and also the one that comes recommended for my theme. I would love to fix this rather than installing another plugin :slight_smile:

Please let me know what I can do to help / any other info you might need :slight_smile: Support Access is enabled for y'all!

Thanks,
Heather

• Tyler Postle

Hey Heather,

Hope you're having a great weekend!

I was just checking out your site and I didn't see any blue question mark images? I checked your gallery page and didn't see any there. Checked some of your other pages and while I saw some galleries, I still am not seeing the blue question mark images. Apologies if I'm just missing them.

Would you be able to link to a page? If you don't want the link in the forum to show up in Google results you can use a service such as: https://bitly.com/ to mask it :slight_smile:

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler

• heather_eidinger

Hi Tyler,

I'm having a great weekend getting my social media up, thanks! The beginning is always so exciting! I hope my lil problemo isn't taking too much of yours!

Funny you're not seeing any of the broken images. I know that you can see the triptych I created in photoshop for the Roxy Snow Gear post and the Algonquin Park header/single image. These are not tiled galleries, so they're not affected. I inserted them into each post as a single photo through the 'add media' button in the post creation page.

I created a Test Post here: http://thiswildlife.ca/tester-post/ so you can see how the exact same photos behave differently. Let me know what you see!

Also, the Gallery page is empty. I'll create that content once I have the tiled galleries issue sorted! The page is just there as a placeholder.

Thanks,
    Heather

PS thank you for the option to mask my page, very thoughtful but I don't mind putting it out there :slight_smile:

• Tyler Postle

Hey Heather,

Thanks for stopping by the live chat earlier :slight_smile: sorry I wasn't able to look further into this during the chat.

I remember you mentioned that it worked fine in our Scribe theme? Can you also check the default 2015 theme and see if it works fine there - this could be a theme conflict. I would of tested the theme myself with your login but I know you are probably on your site now, so I didn't want you to all of a sudden see a totally different theme :p

Look forward to hearing back on this Heather! As Patrick mentioned in a previous chat - the URL's look to be the issue, once we have narrowed down the possible conflicts then we can look into a solution.

All the best,
    Tyler

• heather_eidinger

Hi Tyler!

No worries about earlier, there were a lot of ppl asking you for a lot of help! I appreciate you taking the time to figure this out here :slight_smile:

I ran a live preview of 2015 and the tiled gallery shows up perfecto - so yeah, I agree when you say this could be a theme problem :slight_frown: what really sucks is Arcade recommends jetpack tiled galleries! and I've put so much work into the Arcade layout :slight_frown: I really hope I don't have to switch!

Thanks again for being so considerate about just popping into my dash while I might have been editing! I'll be out and about for the next few hours so you can go ahead and run amok without my interference :slight_smile:

Please let me know if there's anything more I can do/info you might need from me!

Thanks again for all your help,
    Heather

ps the guys over at jetpack mentioned that those funky URLs are standard to generate the tiled gallery. heres a clip from a support thread I have going with them. I also included the clip from the forum with Patrick re URLs

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.