Broken parent theme: template choice not appearing in Page Attributes

The main problem I'm having is: in the Dashboard when I'm creating a new page - usually there is a choice for which template to use in the Page Attributes. This is not appearing in my child theme installation of OnePress.

I'm also getting an error in the Dashboard that the parent theme is broken or missing and please install it.

Problem 2: When I deleted the broken parent theme and re-uploaded it, on the one hand - the template choice became available. But, it messed up a lot of the work I had done in the Child Theme/ through the Dashboard.

Question: How can I get a complete/not broken parent theme up without breaking what I've already customized in the child theme?

• Denitsa

Hello Julie,
    I hope you're doing good and thanks for reaching us!

In order to understand this issue better, I'm going to have to ask you a couple of questions, but please bear with me here :slight_smile:

So, for starters, how did you make your child theme or did you install it from somewhere (can you provide us with a link if so)? What work exactly did you do via the Dashboard?

When did it stop working in the first place? If you have a backup, you can restore to that moment, or at least to the time before you re-upload your parent theme so we can work on fixing that issue without you losing your custom work.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Regards,
    Denitsa

• Julie

Hi Denitsa,

Thank you for getting back to me! Go figure that as soon as I ask a question, my colleague was able to figure out the issue... It appears that the child theme's style sheet was looking for a parent theme called "onepressf" (so there was an extra letter on the end of the theme name). So many hours of trouble shooting, such a small letter.

Anyhow, by making this not have a spelling error we are able again to choose our template under Page Attribute. So the issue has been resolved.

Have a wonderful day,

Julie

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.