Browser Caching not recognised by Hummingbird

Hi,
I have set up browser caching via Cloudfare, as you suggested to me some while ago, but having done so, Hummingbird is not recognising that this as actve and is therefore giving me a low performance score for browser cachining.
Is there something else that I should have done? or is Hummingbird defective in this respect?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Paul,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The Hummingbird plugin will not recognize if there's a browser caching enabled on external server and CloudFlare servers are external in relation to your site. This doesn't mean however that this caching doesn't work. Hummingbird doesn't recognize it because it's scanning your site "directly" and caching happens outside of your server.

There's nothing to worry about and if browser caching is running on CloudFlare it should be perfectly fine.

As for score. Please note that this is internal score. It's not used by an doesn't affect directly services such as Google PageSpeed or Gmetrix. These services test your site from outside and also use their own algorithms (in both cases they are slightly different) to grade site's performance. Hummingbird's score is mostly for you to suggest what should be improved and how much of an improvement has been achieved.

I hope that makes sense

If you have any further questions, let me know please!

Best regards,
    Adam