Browser or Propagation issue? Site displays on some browsers and in some locations

I'm no expert on this stuff so please bear with me...

I'm using the Domain Mapping plugin with varying degrees of success.

On my own Macbook I can see the site OK on Safari, but not on Chrome or Firefox. It also looks fine on my iPad and iPhone (both using my wi-fi and 4G)

A colleague in London can see it OK on Firefox and iPad & iPhone - he doesn't have any other browsers.

A colleague in Glasgow cannot see it on his iPad & iPhone and is only getting a blank page.

I then tried to map the domain to another site on my WPNetwork. On Chrome and Firfox I can generate a 404 page by going to a URL that doesn't exist, but getting a blank page on the root URL (home page). But I can see the site fine in Safari again.

Can anyone please advise if there's a browser issue here? or is there a propagation delay I'm experiencing? or something else?

• Tyler Postle

Hey selectabet!

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question!

This definitely sounds like a propagation delay. Because you and your colleagues are so distributed, it is just taking some time for it to get propagated throughout the internet.

As for you not being able to see it on chrome or firefox, that could be a caching issue. Make sure you clear all your browser caches. Are you using a different computer to check on chrome and firefox or still on your same Macbook?

Either way, this sounds like just a propagation delay and after sometime you should be able to see it on any device from anywhere :slight_smile:

Let us know if the problem persists!

Have a great rest of your day.

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.