BuddPress New User Signup Loop

I figured I would start a new thread since I was posting on a thread that was actually about a completely different issue.

The problem…everything looks great…when a new user attempts to sign up then they are taken to the wp-login.php which then if they click on the “Register” selection underneath the user and password fields they are then again taken to the same login screen, it does not ever go to the BuddyPress registration as it is supposed to, even when attempted to redirect it still does the same thing, only with the redirect properly in the url as it is supposed to be…

In the WP admin it is set to allow blogs and new users under the options in Amin, supporter is set to allow access to BuddyPress groups etc…I don’t know of anywhere that it is set to not allow new blogs in order to cause such a problem…the theme does not seem to be the issue as going to the default them that came a fresh download of BP 1.3.3 did the exact same thing. The WP install is the latest upgrade to 2.8.6…as I said in my other post, I am at a complete and total loss as to where to even look at this point….please help, a suggestion, a cup of coffee and oatmeal and raisin cookie, or something, anything at this point is more than greatly appreciated…I feel as I am standing at the see through door ready to walk into the room but the door handle is missing…. url of the site is politicallygrounded.com by the way….always forget to add that…

• freeblogger
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Under Site Admin-> Options ->

* Enabled. Blogs and user accounts can be created.

Is the selection for Allow New User Registrations….

As for BP it is set at default….Under General all are set to No, the default theme to use when making a page is set to Social 1.1.2

Under BP Components…all are enabled….

I am missing something somewhere and I am going to be kicking myself if it is insanely easy…

• freeblogger

I decided to deactivate all of the plugins, perhaps I should do the same for the MU-Plugins….however this is what I get now, when you click on sign up now, you get sent to the wp-login if you click register, you get sent to wp-signup and actually get to the page, haven’t gone all the way to see if it allows an actual registration, it does have this message at the top though and is why I am doing a follow up post, see if someone knows right off why this is there….and what is causing all of this….

http://politicallygrounded.com

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/politica/public_html/wp-content/themes/bp_social112/bp-social/header.php:2) in /home/politica/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 865

http://politicallygrounded.com

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/politica/public_html/wp-content/themes/bp_social112/bp-social/header.php:2) in /home/politica/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 865

any ideas?

Thanks In Advance,

Brad

P.S. I did a clean install on another domain and it works fine, so am really lost now…

• Andrew
    • Champion of Loops

Hmm… basically “domain.tld/register” is getting redirected to the login form. That definitely shouldn’t be happening.

Try temporarily removing all plugins except BP (that includes mu-plugins) just to make sure it’s not a plugin.

Thanks,

Andrew

• freeblogger

I thought Duh! when I first read your post, then I looked, and BuddyPress is still active.

Ok, thanks Andrew, I will remove the MU plugins as well and see what happens..how about Supporter? will problems arise from fields in the database if I don’t have the supporting mu files?

• freeblogger

Ok, all plugins are deactivated except BP, have all widgets from the Social 1.2.2. theme gone to the side, renamed the original mu directory to original-mu-plugins and made a new blank directory named mu-plugins, the only thing that is left of course are the supporter files in the main directory….it is still doing the exact same thing as before going to the WP login, then if you press Register it is going to the registration page with the errors at the top, same as above

• freeblogger

This has to be the most incredibly awesome place on earth for anyone needing help with the WP or BP installations and plugins…for those of you that have followed this thread, the problem was that the “wp-content/bp-themes/ still existed” as Andrew pointed out once he got the chance to take a look at it. After he renamed the directory it all works like a charm!

Seems that the auto-update feature in the plugin section of WP doesn’t take care of this, so under a new install or a manual install a problem like this wouldn’t occur when following the directions, pressing update and not venturing into further research is not a good way to go….

I said it once and I’ll say it again…joining WPMUDEV is by far one of the best choices I’ve ever made!

Thanks…Thanks…Thanks!!

Brad

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.