Buddy Press Avatar Message

My dashboard gives this error message: BuddyPress has it's own avatar system. The Avatars plugin functions have been deactivated. Please remove the files.

What where and how do I do this?

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi randit,

The Avatars plugin is incompatible with BuddyPress, as you're seeing. But BuddyPress already has its own built in avatar system.

When a user signs up or logs in, they'll have the option to upload or change their avatar in their profile section. More than that, if they've setup a Gravatar account, that'll be used by default, as with regular WordPress.

It's a rather automated process that you wouldn't need to worry about. If you have any specific questions on that, we'll be happy to go through those with ya!

Cheers,
    David

• anotheropus
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hello,

I got the same error message.

This post talks about what it is. But didn't answer the user's question:

"What where and how do I do this?"

I went into the Network Plugins and deactivated Avatars for Multisite.

Then the message went away.

Warmest,

Chris

• anotheropus
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Thank you Timothy!

Easy enough solution :slight_smile:

I've done it now. Just wanted to be sure I was deactivating the right one! :slight_smile:

I wish there were some notification system for when plugins are either incompatible or competitive with each other during installation.

A good example of this is the Branding plugin. After I installed all the white label plugins I discovered that a handful of them needed to be uninstalled because they were redundant to the branding plugin.

I know I'm a pain in the side about this issue--but it would be so much better for WPMU DEV users to not have to do and undo and do and undo things sometimes :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Warmest,

Chris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.