Buddy Press Scholar Theme

I'm trying to get a picture in the big white box that updates with scrolling text. There isnt an option in the custom styling for uploading a picture
http://www.modernrenaissanceman.com

Timothy Bowers

Hey Feeney486.

There are two ways to get an image in that box.

1). It will take the first image posted in an article.
    2). It will also take a featured image. (The WordPress featured function)

Both work well. I personally love themes taking the first post image, however if you ever change your theme then you might find the new theme does not do that and so using the "Featured Image" there is a better chance another theme might. I know its thinking long into the future, but it will make work easier if you plan ahead.

Also with "Featured Image" you don't need to position the image you wish to use right at the top. So thats a benefit.

And just in case you don't see the featured image meta box when posting an article, you can enable it form the "Screen Options" tab in the top of the admin page whilst creating an post. See screen shot.

Hope this helps. As this should answer your query I will mark the thread as resolved for now, however if you have any further issues, questions or it doesn't quiet give you the answer you need, then please feel free to re-open and post again.

Have a great day!