[BuddyPress Activity +] Activity Plus

Hi there...I spoke with someone yesterday about this and he told me to go to the developer of Site wide activity and I did. So, basically, I wanted your Actvitiy plus to work with Site wide activity plus and you guys actually made a plug in to make them work together. Once I installed it, the site wide activity stopped having the ability to send text only to the server (status update) but does allow you to post a pic with text. Yesterday your developer had me deactivate all plugins to see if there were any conflicts and there wasn't. Today, the developer of SWA uploaded a new theme and the site wide activity started working again. But, because it was working before I installed that plugin, he said said to contact you guys again.

This is what he said:
I see that the plugin is not sending the content of the post text area to server when the button is clicked and that’s why the error is coming.
I went ahead and verified it on a new install with TwentySeventeen theme and with the current widget plugin and it is working as expected.
My guess is either the integration with the Activity plus is causing it.
The action is correct but sent data from the form is incorrect.

Is there any way one of you could look at it again? I really need the site wide activity to be where it is and the ability to upload photos and stuff. Or, if you have another option I could do (like your status update plugin with SWA - you guys started helping me with that awhile ago - I wanted that plugin to post to the activity feed and not the blog) Please let me know! I'm a bit desperate. Thank you!!

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Jill,

So, basically, I wanted your Actvitiy plus to work with Site wide activity plus and you guys actually made a plug in to make them work together.

I don't see any threads of yours with Side Wide Activity integration request - I only found this recent thread https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/status-status-update-goes-to-blog-and-not-the-activity-wall#post-1306257 with custom coding made for you (there is no mention there Site wide activity plus plugin).
    Can you please point me to ticket where that integration was done for you so I can check this with staff that wrote this for you?

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Jill,

Thank you for the link. I have tested on my site latest BuddyPress, BuddyPress Sitewide Activity Widget, BuddyPress Activity plus along with custom plugin that Jude wrote. And I can't replicate issue with not sending text only. I could post it without a problem along with pictures+text. There was no errors.

What I see on your site is JS error coming from missing library which handles "Slideout" fucntion

this type of errors can break functionality of the plugins that works on ajax.
    If Side Wide Activity plugin developer checked that with new theme it is possible that your theme is source of that conflict - or just that part of the code it messing things up.
    Library that looks like missing is this https://slideout.js.org/ - if it was working before it might be that it was added to theme and recently was removed? Or maybe theme was recently updated n your site and that broke this?

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Jill
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi, so I contacted a developer I work with...and this is for you guys if other people are looking into it as well who have downloaded Jude's plugin. Not sure if he will fix this for me yet (he's trying to think of clean ways to do so) or if you guys wanted to take a stab at it but FYI.

He said on slack (which is why it's weirdly formmated):

Andrew [6:40 PM]
    i'm guessing bc it changes the html structure
    the original plugin relies on some chain of parent nodes (bad bad bad)
    so if that changes, it can't find the data it's looking for, and basically submits a blank form.

The easiest fix is probably to change the integration plugin.

They have the 3 different modes - image, video, link

When you pick one, it sets up a new submit button
    but if you don't pick one it falls back to the original plugin button, which doesn't work anymore

• Jill
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

HI there...just wanted to give you an update. I had a developer (not from any of those plugins) go in and he fixed it. Here is what he said:

"There's supposed to be a wrapper around the activity widget with the class ("widget_bp_swa_widget")
    the original activity plugin looks for the node with that classname, and uses that to get the textbox value
    for whatever wordpress reason (I'm assuming the new theme strips out that wrapper, but I didn't dig too deeply into it), that wrapper class doesn't exist anymore -- so the original plugin doesn't work."

So, he went into custom side bars and created the wrapper and now its all fixed! Thank you for looking into it!!!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.