buddypress activity page missing the widget

buddypress activity page missing the widget

Hi guys,
Please could you help with the layout of the following page?
http://www.pixshopping.com/activity/

I am trying to create a facebook like wall or timeline with buddypress and bp wall plugin but at that page the left sidebar is missing and the right sidebar is only at the end.
Is it possible to have them positioned correctly like the rest of my pages?

Also, do you know why I have the avctiviy page only on the main site and not on the subsites? I would like to have the same activity page for each subsites but I can't find it.

Thanks you so much for your help.

Paddy

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Paddy, Michael here! :slight_smile:

As for the positioning of the BuddyPress content, you should be able to handle that with this CSS code:

.buddypress #main > div#content {
        min-height: 1px;
        float: left;
        padding-left: 20px;
        padding-right: 20px;
        position: relative;
        left: 25%;
        width: 50%;
    }

As for this:

Also, do you know why I have the avctiviy page only on the main site and not on the subsites? I would like to have the same activity page for each subsites but I can't find it.

This would be something that you'd want to use this define for:

define( 'BP_ENABLE_MULTIBLOG', true );

You'll want to open up your site's wp-config.php, and place that just above the line that says "That's it, stop editing!". :slight_smile:

If you're curious to know more about that define, you can read up on it over here:

https://codex.buddypress.org/getting-started/customizing/bp_enable_multiblog/

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Paddy

Hi Michael,
    Thanks for the code and the info.

I am a bit confused now.
    I would like to have a timeline for each user (same as facebook), where they can see the updates from the shops they are following.

I am not sure if this bp enable network is what I need.
    Maybe there is a way to integrate the current buddypress and show the timeline without enabling the network setup.

I am not sure how to do it.
    Maybe I have to use only the existing timeline but I don't know how to show it in a page and how to let the users follow each other.

Please can you help me to undertand it better?

Thank you very much.
    Paddy

• Paddy

Hi Michael,
    Thanks for the code and the info.
    I am a bit confused now.
    I would like to have a timeline for each user (same as facebook), where they can see the updates from the shops they are following.
    I am not sure if this bp enable network is what I need.
    Maybe there is a way to integrate the current buddypress and show the timeline without enabling the network setup.
    I am not sure how to do it.
    Maybe I have to use only the existing timeline but I don't know how to show it in a page and how to let the users follow each other.
    Please can you help me to undertand it better?

Please can you have a look at my BP profile?
    Now is showing the sidebars. thanks for the code above.
    But the menu is showing vertically. There is a way to show it horizontally?

Also do you know what is the different between Timeline, Wall and News Feed?
    Please see screenshot.

Thank you very much.
    Paddy

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Paddy,

There was a plugin made a long time ago to provide "Follow" functionality:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/buddypress-followers/

But it hasn't been updated in a while. I'd want to try using it on a test site first. :slight_smile:

Otherwise, to provide what you're looking, it looks like custom development may be needed.

But the menu is showing vertically. There is a way to show it horizontally?

Looks like you already got this sorted out, may I ask how this was done? :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Paddy,

It is curious that the menu started working now, but it's definitely a good thing. :slight_smile:

As for the plugin, it was pretty old, but figured it was worth a mention anyhow, just in case.

Another thought that comes to my mind now (though it would require that your users "friend" each other, rather than just simply follow each other, like what you'd expect of Twitter), would be to enable the "Friend Connections" module inside of BuddyPress.

You'd want to go into the dashboard for your main site, and then go to:

Settings -> BuddyPress

And enable the module from there. With this functionality enabled, it would mean that your users could "friend" each other, and then view the activity of users that they've made friends with in a special "Friends" activity feed.

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.