buddypress activity plus - Force video resiseze?

Note: I was unable to find a "buddypress activity plus" from the drop down menu in the plugin support section.

Let me begin by saying great job on creating this plugin!!!! LOVE IT!

I know that the plugin documentation states that "buddypress activity plus" works with default based themes but I'm using the Genesis Theme framework. So, I would like to a) know if there is a way to force a resize of uploads so that they fit better with the layout and b) how to go about making the changes.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you guys can offer.

Edit: I have added a link to a screen shot to give people a better idea of what I am refering to.

• Avi
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks for the reply David.

I will keep an eye over on the WP forum as well as here. That being said it would be great if you could post an update about any possible (or lack there of) solutions, once you have spoken to your "guys over here".

Thanks!

• wotacharlie
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

wp_oembed_get will take a width argument, so you should be able to change line 109 in the file class_bpfb_binder.php in the lib folder of the plugin if you want to change the preview size of the video.

For the main video (once posted) - change line 40 of file class_bpfb_codec.php in the lib folder
    add after $content,array('width'=>400)
    or whatever width fits your theme

Example in Codex:
    wp_oembed_get('http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbcDeFg123', array('width'=>400))

• Avi
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi wota, thanks for the prompt reply.

I havea couple of questions for you.

Regrading the line 109 change. What exactly am I changing it to?

also when I add

after $content,array('width'=>400)

to line 40

I get the follwoing error.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE, expecting ')' in /home3/jewsbych/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress-activity-plus/lib/class_bpfb_codec.php on line 40

Any ideas?

• wotacharlie
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

try changing -

$ret = wp_oembed_get($url);
    to
    $ret = wp_oembed_get($url,array('width'=400));

where width is the number of pixels wide you want the video preview to be
    and

change
    return wp_oembed_get($content);
    to
    return wp_oembed_get($content),('width'=>400);
    to get the width you want to video to show in the activity stream

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi wotacharlie!

Thanks for having caught that. Really can't see how I missed it on the page but it's right there!
    http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_oembed_get

@Avi, we'll be supporting the plugin directly here it seems, so any questions/issues you have, just let us know. I do apologize for having missed that argument in the wp_oembed_get() function too. Glad wotacharlie caught that!

Let us know how that goes for ya!

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hi,

In the latest version (v1.1, just released), we added support for limiting the embedded video width without changing the plugin file itself. In this release, if you need a different oEmbed width then our default, you can set it with a define directive in your wp-config.php. E.g. if you want to limit embedded video widths to 250px, you'd add this line to your wp-config.php file:

define('BPFB_OEMBED_WIDTH', 250, true);

If there is no such directive, we'll fall back to defaults.

Thank you wotacharlie for the interim solution!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.