Buddypress Activity+ where does it store images?

hail :slight_smile:

So, i'm building a social network site that on the same site as the Academy. I had considered separating them into two sub-sites (or three) for the purposes of organization but am feeling out having them in the same spot.

I noticed that uploads through BuddyPress Activity+ don't go into my media folder. Where do they get stored?

I would prefer that the media from members of the BuddyPress network not be stored on my main media area, as i'm always building the site out. Also, does a lot of media stored somewhere slow down the site?

• Milan

Hello @Griffin,

Sorry to hear that you are facing problems.

where do uploads to buddypress get stored ?

Uploads of buddypress Activity Plus get stored under /wp-content/uploads/bpfb/ folder.

I noticed that uploads through BuddyPress Activity+ don't go into my media folder

Our Buddypress Activity+ plugin is not using default wordpress media uploader API so images uploaded with our plugin will not show up to media gallery. This is the reason why images are not showing up in media gallery.

Also, does a lot of media stored somewhere slow down the site?

If you host capacity of serving many users and processing their requests at the same time is high, then its not a big deal. However you can always use other CDN networks or Cloud providers to store your data over their server, they will make sure data you stored on their server delivered to you as fast as they can.

Dear @Griffin would you please follow up with your this thread https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/where-do-uploads-to-buddypress-get-stored#post-989242 as I've updated my answer for you after talking to developer. And it will be very easy and faster for us to respond you on your previous thread. ?

Wish you a best Day. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Milan.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.