Buddypress And Classifieds Memory Issue

Hi

I am having a problem while trying to install both buddypress and Classifieds at the same site, if I install any one it works, but if I install both i face memory errors, I tried cahnging memory limits to 64MB in php.ini, wp-config.php and cache.php but each time I face some random memory errors.

Please help me in debugging the issue.

Thanks!

• Timothy Bowers

Hey there,

The more php and data being processed the more memory you will need to run those requests.

64mb really is that much, and both of these plugins are of a reasonable size with regards to code.

Try creating a php file, name it as your wish and add this:

<?php
    phpinfo();
    ?>

Upload it to your site, then type the url for the file into your browser.

Check and ensure the new memory limit is set correctly. Sometimes you may think it is, but it actually isn't.

You can also check in sub folders to ensure it's recursively set. Should be, but I've seen instances in the past where that wasn't the case.

If it is set, then try upping it. I'd go to 128mb first, then make 256mb. One of my old installs was set at over over 512mb (I forget the exact value). Lots of plugins, themes, and other coding bits.

Not sure how you increased the memory before, so here is some more info.

You could edit your php.ini file or add your own (depending on setup):

memory_limit = 256M

httaccess:

php_value memory_limit 256M

If your PHP supports then you can edit your wp-config.php file and add the following line:

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '96MB');

You would change the memory in those to whatever it is you require.

If you are not sure how or have further issues then it would be best to ask your host to help you out with this one.

Take care.