Buddypress and Events+. Limiting Access to Buddypress after RSVP

Is there a way to limit access to buddypress when someone RSVPs and automatically gets registered. I do not want free members to have access to the social side, creating a profile, uploading profile images and cover photos, etc.

Adam Czajczyk

Hello Brandon,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Users who RSVP'd to the event become regular "subscriber" users so on a "core" WP/BP level there'd be no simple way to prevent access for them. You have however mentioned "free users" so I understand access to the BP features should be available only to some group of "paid members", is that right?

I noticed that you are using some "subscription" solution for WooCommerce and also "Groups" plugin. Does this mean that you users are "sorted" using that plugin?

I mean - can we somehow distinguish, e.g. by a "group", which users should be allowed to access BP and which shouldn't? I'm asking because I'm not familiar with your setup and I'd like to better understand how it works as I believe there might be an option to got that way

Let me know please!

Best regards,
    Adam

Brandon

Hey Adam, thanks for getting back with me. I do have groups and have the ability to create new groups and capabilites. I am not real sure where to enter the info to restrict access to buddy press. As of right now when they rsvp it automatically creates a buddypress social profile. I don't want that. I want paid members only to have a socail profile on the site. It is fine that when they RSVP it creates a wordpress user profile, just don't want it to create the buddypress profile as well.

Thanks for the help

Adam Czajczyk

Hello Brandon!

It is fine that when they RSVP it creates a wordpress user profile, just don't want it to create the buddypress profile as well.

Thank you for explanation. I don't think however that would be possible without some additional coding. Events+ doesn't "create a profile", it just creates a user account. The way the profile "gets created" is.... how BuddyPress works. Basically, BuddyPress doesn't create any "separate profile" and each and every registered user of the site is automatically "BuddyPress member". The plugin just reads user list and basic user data from regular WP user data. It only adds some additional information.

The bottom line is: while we could probably find a way to restrict access to these profiles for/of users that are not "members" of some "groups", excluding any members from BP entirely doesn't seem possible.

If "restricting access" approach would work for you, let me know and I'll look if/how we could achieve that.

Best regards,
    Adam

Predrag Dubajic

Hi Brandon,

I'm afraid that BP doesn't have such option by default, can you tell me which plugin are you using for your membership and does that plugin integrate with BP?

Also, would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at your setup and see if there are some filters that could be applied here?
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Best regards,
    Predrag