Buddypress and membership registration

I have buddypress, multisite and membership. My first concern is the integration to include marketpress and classifieds.
It is important that there is only one registration page and login page. Integration of account data we can focus on at a later time unless and where relevant. I believe short codes will handle most of that.

So if I understand correctly, by disabling registration, and using the PayPal single payments option I can effectively create a free enrollment and premium options. (bare in mind that I want to control how many sites a particular enrollment package allows. I understand or believe I understand that the prosites(supporter) integrates with the membership plugin.)

I need to also integrate a custom field into the PayPal forms. Please advise as to which php files in membership and marketpress should be edited. Via my own initial review the custom field is in use for the membership plugin. Please advise.

• aecnu

Greetings Filoso4,

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

I have buddypress, multisite and membership. My first concern is the integration to include marketpress and classifieds. It is important that there is only one registration page and login page. Integration of account data we can focus on at a later time unless and where relevant. I believe short codes will handle most of that.

I will see if I can get the lead developer of Membership plugin in here to offer some advice or pointers about this proposed configuration above.

So if I understand correctly, by disabling registration, and using the PayPal single payments option I can effectively create a free enrollment and premium options. (bare in mind that I want to control how many sites a particular enrollment package allows. I understand or believe I understand that the prosites(supporter) integrates with the membership plugin.)

Yes it is true that the Pro Sites plugin can be integrated into the Membership plugin but it has its own way of dealing with things to include feature/plugin control and theme control to include its own levels.

I need to also integrate a custom field into the PayPal forms. Please advise as to which php files in membership and marketpress should be edited. Via my own initial review the custom field is in use for the membership plugin. Please advise.

It is my opinion that this project and the statement above is way ahead of itself at this point, kind of like the cart before the horse, and these tasks each have different lead developers and nuances that should be dealt with in separate tickets so the appropriate developer is involved if necessary.

The first step here is to get the lead developer of Membership plugin in here and get your first questions resolved then moving ahead to the appropriate and applicable plugin and its integration thereof.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• Filoso4

Agreed for the most part. Prosites also. I may just use prosites unless membership adds some beneficial functions when in combination with prosites, buddypress & multisite.

What I am offering is a specified number of sites ata given level, plus, other premium options and packages available to include content, access, authority.

Being able to customize an account after it is activated.

I see there is a free registration option, but the thumbnail shows one of the entered levels to be free. What is the difference between them, and how does one affect the other.

• Filoso4

I will most likely need a walk through and some clarification on how membership & prosites work together. WPMUDEV provides some very robust options.

I will also need to figure on how to integrate an affiliate script ID code into the PayPal form & shopping cart.

This I will get back to you on once the remaining configuration is completed.

For right now my only question is how to ensure that the users financial and address information is not stored in Wordpress. I prefer it be stored with PayPal.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.