buddypress and plugins

I currently have WPMS installed with BuddyPress. My sub sites will all be communities as well. I installed the mufti-network that was recommended here. I have chosen the studio theme for my first set up.
My questions are as follows.
It appears all the features I need are available in plug ins. Do I need BuddyPress?
Are the plug ins extensions to BuddyPress or will they conflict?
My chosen Theme "Studio" has some branding, will the branding plugin conflict?
If I use plug ins instead of BuddyPress can I then use any theme for my sub sites?
Is there an advantage to BuddyPress?
I want to customize my sub sites for sales teams. Set my own style and branding. Can I lock that so they don't have the ability to modify it? I'm sure by suer roles, but what about sub site admins?

I sincerely looked for these answers.
I am somewhat visually impaired and digging for answers is tedious and very exhausting. So, I find WPMU Dev an indispensable tool and am very grateful for your help.
Thanks
Richard

• aecnu

Greetings Richard,

Thank you for the questions.

It appears all the features I need are available in plug ins. Do I need BuddyPress?

No

Are the plug ins extensions to BuddyPress or will they conflict?

This would be plugin specific.

My chosen Theme "Studio" has some branding, will the branding plugin conflict?

No

If I use plug ins instead of BuddyPress can I then use any theme for my sub sites?

Almost any - I am sure there is one out there somewhere that may not work right ... lol

Is there an advantage to BuddyPress?

Not that I am aware of.

I want to customize my sub sites for sales teams. Set my own style and branding. Can I lock that so they don't have the ability to modify it?

Of course and the best thing is to not let them have access to the theme and that is where most of the customizing could be done - plus of course other branding plugins like Ultimate Branding they will not have access to at all out of the box.

That answers them all I believe.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.