Buddypress and pro site signup conflict

Hello,
I have installed pro site and buddypress and membership 2 in my site.

Now there seems problem with these plugins, they do not seem compatible with each other. After i activate pro site, option to create free site disappears.

Can you let me know what is going on?

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Bibek,

I only see error "The website is unavailable" - it doesn't look like error 500 - but if your hosting tech support is claiming that there is something wrong on the WordPress side then please log to your FTP account and navigate to /wp-content/ and rename plugins folder to different name - this will disable all plugins instantly (you can do the same with themes folder). If your site will start to work - then you need to find culprit plugin (or theme) - by enabling plugins one after one and seeing when it starts to happen again.

Or enable debug mode for WordPress - maybe it will show us where the problem lays. To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.