BuddyPress, Appointments+ and WPMU plugin functionalities

My theme is not Buddypress compatible, but I see that WPMU has communities and other plugins that could serve the same functionality as Buddypress, like creating groups/communities, forums and Q&A boards. Are these BuddyPress dependent, or could they stand alone with the theme.

Also, I wanted my service providers to be able to edit their schedules from the front end, but I'm not sure if this is possible with any plugins you have, since my theme is not Buddypress compatible.

• aristath

Hello there @buddvee, I hope you're well today!

Our communities and forums plugins are not a replacement for BuddyPress. Even if your theme is not BuddyPress-ready, The newest versions of BuddyPress should have no problem working!
    Have you tried activating BuddyPress on your site? Are you having any issues with it?

Also, I wanted my service providers to be able to edit their schedules from the front end, but I'm not sure if this is possible with any plugins you have, since my theme is not Buddypress compatible.

I'm afraid that the only way to have your users edit their schedules would be using the BuddyPress integration, it does not integrate with any of our community plugins.

Cheers,
    Ari.

• buddvee

A former response from your support said this: "If you simply won't be able to use BuddyPress, you could give this free plugin a go: https://wordpress.org/plugins/theme-my-login/
    You can bring your profile section to the front-end using that, and the Appointments+ profile features would be available there as well."
    Would this work or not? And if not, could I get help setting Buddypress up from my dashboard. I'd desperately need this. Thanks

• George

Hey there @buddvee, George here :slight_smile:

You can use Theme My Login plugin for that purpose. To clarify, instead of service providers editing their profile from the back-end dashboard, they will be able to do this from the front-end entirely.

This includes adding-editing their working hours, break hours, Exceptional Working Days, Holidays, and lastly Google Calendar integration :slight_smile:

I've attached a screenshot to better clarify this (signed in as Service Provider).

Also, as Ari mentioned and we discussed through emails, there isn't any reason why BuddyPress wouldn't work for you really. Could you please provide us additional information about this?

You installed BuddyPress, created the pages that BuddyPress utilizes and there was an issue? Or perhaps something else?

Looking forward to your reply! :slight_smile:

• George

Hey @buddvee,

I quickly fixed some settings regarding TML settings and all is working now. You can simply check this out here : http://bit.ly/1yrqNnt (whilst logged in)

You can now change your settings by going to your Dashboard > TML > User Links
    Also check the settings if you wish to edit any in the redirection settings tab.

Is it possible now to activate BuddyPress and setup the pages accordingly to see where the issue is?

Please advice :slight_smile:

• DavidM

Hi @buddvee ,

Thanks for clarifying that, I can see the issue on your site. At first glance, it does look like maybe the theme isn't allowing the BuddyPress elements to show, however I think it's possible that could be due to the child theme you're using.

Would it be possible for you to quickly switch to the parent theme and see how it works with that?

As another thing to check, could you maybe try deactivating other plugins to see how it works then (assuming the above check doesn't work)?

Thanks,
    David

• buddvee

Hey David:
    Thanks for your response. It's not the Child theme. Just checked it out wit the parent theme and its still the same problem. I also doubt that its the plugins because BuddyPress was actually the first plugin I initially downloaded prior to discovering the incompatibility and deleting it.
    Unless its been affected by the theme required plugins, which I cannot deactivate because the theme depends on them.
    So just to clarify again, WPMU Communities would not give me the same community creating functionality right?

• DavidM

Hi @buddvee ,

Thanks for giving that a try. I'm at odds as to why it's only BuddyPress components don't seem to work there but there is another possibility for community features:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-symposium/?

Our Communities plugin is strictly a back-end solution so it wouldn't be suitable in this case but WP Symposium provides features very similar to BuddyPress.

Could you let us know how that might work for you?

Thanks,
    David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.